4.5.1-SNAPSHOT

Terence Parr

Jun 30, 2015, 6:33:33 PM6/30/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Howdy. 4.5.1 appears ready to rock but people should try it out. I’m still working on the release notes, but here’s a beta-1 release:

maven folks should use 4.5.1-SNAPSHOT version and group ID org.antlr and artifact ID antlr4 for the tool itself and antlr4-runtime for the Java runtime library in your pom.xml file.

plain old school people wanting a jar like me you can download them from the bottom of the release page but for the lazy, you can try:

please let me know if things seem okay. It should be binary compatible so you can just drop in the new jar. That strategy worked with my Smalltalk compiler.

Note also that Mr Maven himself, Jason van Zyl, has helped to get mvn stuff back in shape and now it build properly and is loaded into development environments easily.

We also have it set up at Travis for continuous builds:

Every push runs all of the tool tests and the Java runtime tests. Jason is working on documentation for building.

Ter

Dan McLaughlin

Jun 30, 2015, 7:50:18 PM6/30/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
does this include the new automated test scheme then?

Terence Parr

Jun 30, 2015, 8:03:46 PM6/30/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
yepper! a complete reorg of test gen, mainly coded by Sam Harwell, and a reorg of repo.
Ter