Composing a single script file for Antlr4-JavaScript Runtime

Tharindu Munasinghe

Aug 2, 2015, 4:07:59 AM8/2/15
to antlr-discussion
Hi everyone,

I am developing a web based code editor for a DSL. Antlr4-JavaScript run-time is used for the syntax checking in browser. But while the editor is loading , it takes significant time to completely load the Antlr4 library . As far as I can see this is because Antlr4 send requirJS  http calls separately to each and every script file in the library . So I am trying to merge the all the relevant files into a single file called antlr4JS.js .

Since there are requirejs calls within the script files them selves, I am not sure how to proceed in merging the files. Can anybody help me to proceed ?

Thanks in advance :)

Eric Vergnaud

Aug 2, 2015, 5:15:23 PM8/2/15
to antlr-discussion
Hi,

there is currently no plan to minimize antlr, but you are welcome to make proposals.
maybe a simple and effective way to improve load performance would be to load all required files in parallel at once rather than let antlr load them on demand.

Eric