ANTLR4 & INTELLISENSE support

Kim

Jul 24, 2015, 3:30:18 AM7/24/15
to antlr-discussion
Hi,

We have Used ANTLR4 to parse the custom language, now we need to build the smart editor for it.(Using AvalonEdit as the base to build the TextEditor).
Now, looking for guidance in integrating ANTLR parser with Avalon Edit editor.

Or, if there any sample where ANTLR4 supporting the intellisense and autocompletion. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

----
Kim

Terence Parr

Jul 24, 2015, 1:19:41 PM7/24/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
we have a “get next tokens” method in the parser but you might also need new methods added for 4.5.1 that show all lookahead trees.
Ter

Greg Sohl

Jul 24, 2015, 9:23:56 PM7/24/15
to antlr-discussion
Interesting response to this in this Stack Overflow itemhttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/13883732/antlr-syntax-highlighting-dsl-in-visual-studio

Kim

Jul 27, 2015, 1:14:25 AM7/27/15
to antlr-discussion, smitha...@gmail.com
Thank you the_antlr_guy & Greg Sohl for quick response.

The_antlr_guy,
I will explore more on Antlr 4.5.1 (C#) version. If any documentation/blog exist it would be of great help.

Greg Sohl,
Stack overflow discussion was regarding Syntax high light manager and I could get it working using AvalonEdit.
I am looking for help on Autocompletion and intellisense feature for custom languages.

Thank You,
Smitha

Smith

Jul 27, 2015, 9:53:10 AM7/27/15
to antlr-discussion, smitha...@gmail.com

Hi,

I am new to this ANTLR and could not get this intellisense up with ANTLR version 4.5.1 for C#.
If there is any blog or article with code sample, it would of great help to the beginners like me. Is there any plans of such blogs from you or Sam in near future ?

Thank You,