Building parse tree with ANTLR and Java‏

Evan Kareem

Apr 5, 2015, 1:17:30 PM4/5/15
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com

Hello I need some help regarding building a simple parse tree with antlr and java .
I have tried to work with powershell to compile and run the grammar file ( which is the
pascal.g4 file ) and I was hoping to generate some java files out of it , however at times when I tried to
run it using the command " .\antlr.bat -package pdl -o pdl .\pascal.g4 " I get a message on the powershell
stating " The system cannot find the file specified " .

I think the command I typed in might be wrong but anyway I have got the grammar file and I have got the
.bat files ( grun.bat , java.bat & javac.bat ) and the antlr-4.5-complete.jar file ,
I think these are basically all the files you need to build the parse tree .

As for the folder location where all these files are located is C:\Users\Lenovo\Documents\test2
I have looked at some examples from others however I really now cannot go any further , can anybody please
help me out here to build this .

Thank you

( I have also provided an image of all the files that are in that folder . )