Visual Studio Code ANTLR support?

Mike Lischke

Jul 1, 2016, 5:30:44 AM7/1/16
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I couldn't find any extension for Visual Studio Code that would add ANTLR support, so asking here: does anyone have ongoing work to create such an extension or knows of such work?

Mike
--
www.soft-gems.net

Ivan Kochurkin

Jul 1, 2016, 7:37:30 AM7/1/16
to antlr-discussion
I only created this suggestion :) https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/293070-visual-studio-code/suggestions/12302388-antlr-support
But ANTLR support in Visual Studio Code would be great!

Ivan Kochurkin

Jul 21, 2016, 7:14:05 AM7/21/16
to antlr-discussion
Keep me informed about your extension development.

пятница, 1 июля 2016 г., 12:30:44 UTC+3 пользователь Mike Lischke написал:
Hi,

Ivan Kochurkin

Jul 21, 2016, 7:38:40 AM7/21/16
to antlr-discussion
It seems to me that Visual Code supports this Sublime Text 2 extension: https://github.com/divanburger/st2-antlr4/
It's just an ANTLR grammar syntax highligting extension.

Mike Lischke

Jul 21, 2016, 8:00:07 AM7/21/16
to antlr-di...@googlegroups.com
> It seems to me that Visual Code supports this Sublime Text 2 extension: https://github.com/divanburger/st2-antlr4/
> It's just an ANTLR grammar syntax highligting extension.

I've been on vacations and had no time to look further. Getting an initial plugin working is almost trivial, especially when you have a tmLanguage file (I used one I found for TextMate). However, I wanted to understand how to create such a highlighter from scratch (e.g. what tokens are available, what patterns to use, color definitions etc.), however this seems to be quite a big task, especially as these kinds of details are not documented. You can only get ideas from existing plugins.

Have you tried already to create a plugin based on the st2-antlr4 sublime repo?

Mike
--
www.soft-gems.net

Ivan Kochurkin

Jul 21, 2016, 8:55:46 AM7/21/16
to antlr-discussion
No, I did not try. Honestly at present time I'am working on my own tool for grammar editing. Main goal is to provide grammar testing in realtime for any runtime and for any test code. Also it will be crossplatform (at least theoretically).
I am going to push it to github later.