500 WinRMTransport. SSL: CERTIFCATE_VERIFY_FAILED

Brian

Jun 28, 2016, 4:22:57 PM6/28/16
to Ansible Project
Installed ansible 2.1.0.0 on Ubuntu and I'm getting the infamous:

ssl: 500 WinRMTransport. [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:590)

error when trying to connect to a windows client.  I followed the instructions here and the powershell script runs with no errors but to no avail.

I'm using ansible_winrm_transport: ssl
ansible_winrm_server_cert_validation: ignore

But nothing seems to work.  Is there some documentation somewhere that explains how to set up a windows client and configure ansible to connect to it (besides all the bits and pieces scattered about the forums, that is)?  Clearly the above referenced documentation is missing some important detail.

This is on a local network.

Thanks,

Brian

J Hawkesworth

Jun 28, 2016, 6:01:30 PM6/28/16
to Ansible Project
Hi,

I think you don't need to set
ansible_winrm_transport: ssl
assuming you have set
ansible_port: 5986

This is because 5986 is the https listener port for winrm

Please can you try without this setting and report back?