Tower Notification Template - Hipchat Fails

Dave Karakas

Aug 25, 2016, 10:59:50 PM8/25/16
to Ansible Project
I'm trying to configure a HipChat Notification Template in Tower (v3.0.0), however this is not working as expected.

Following the guidance provided in the docs (https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-tower/latest/html/userguide/notifications.html), I have configured a notification template however it fails when I click the 'test' icon.

Here is a screen cap of the Notification Template screen:

The tower.log reports:

2016-08-25 18:40:37,786 ERROR    awx.main.tasks Send Notification Failed HTTPSConnectionPool(host='OURCOMPANY.hipchat.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v2/room/135238/notification?auth_token=<REDACTED> (Caused by NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f49f3399dd0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',))

So it looks like Tower is using URL:

Howerver, if I run essentially the same command via curl, it works:

#!/bin/bash

# Set the ROOM_ID & AUTH_TOKEN variables below.
# Further instructions at https://www.hipchat.com/docs/apiv2/auth

ROOM_ID
=135238
AUTH_TOKEN
=<REDACTED>
MESSAGE
="Test From Lab5 Ansible-Tower. Please Ignore."

curl
-H "Content-Type: application/json" \

-X POST \

-d "{\"color\": \"green\", \"message_format\": \"text\", \"message\": \"$MESSAGE\" }" \
     https
://OURCOMPANY.hipchat.com/v2/room/$ROOM_ID/notification?auth_token=$AUTH_TOKEN

Why is it that I can curl to this URL but Tower is unable to successfully perform the same?
Anyone successfully integrate Tower and HipChat using Tower's Notification Template?
Any suggestions on how to bump up the debugging so I can see more details about the failure?

Thanks in advance,
-Dave

Matt Martz

Aug 25, 2016, 11:09:15 PM8/25/16
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
For tower support, please use sup...@ansible.com or utilize https://support.ansible.com

This list is for the open source Ansible project.

Matt Martz
@sivel
sivel.net