Auto loading ansible playbook on firstboot

John Mancuso

Jul 3, 2015, 1:14:42 PM7/3/15
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
So I have a master ansible server which will loads different types of servers- typical dbserver, webserver etc. Let's say (via golden img) I am provisioning new client machines/VMs, could be via cobbler, aws, etc...

How can I automatically run the ansible config initiated by the client (like firstboot) so it is completely hands off unattended install/setup? FYI my golden img contains the master ssh key so that's already setup by default.

-John

Brian Coca

Jul 3, 2015, 2:01:49 PM7/3/15
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
several ways:

- get tower and have the machine do a web callback on boot

- setup a git repo and have the machines use ansible-pull

there are many other ways but all involve in a general fashion that
you setup a trigger based executor for ansible-playbook and find a way
to get the machine to hit that trigger on boot.

--
Brian Coca

John Mancuso

Jul 3, 2015, 3:51:53 PM7/3/15