Ansible 2.1.3 RC3 is ready for testing

James Cammarata

Oct 25, 2016, 11:47:31 AM10/25/16
to ansible...@googlegroups.com, ansibl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, we're happy to announce that RC3 for 2.1.3 is now available for testing.

This release candidate addresses the following bugs:

* Fixed a bug where a custom module could overwrite connection-based variables.
* Fixed a bug with apt_key, where the use of long keys caused some problems (#5237, #5353, #5357)
* Fixed a bug with Azure modules which may be using the latest rc6 library.
* Backported some docker_common fixes.

For those who may have noticed, we skipped an official RC2 announcement as we decided to include a few additional fixes after RC2 had been tagged and uploaded, so testers should use this most recent RC3.

How do you get it?

The tar.gz of the release can be found here:

SHA256: 4517b38a261b975f59baef3d7b522f9b84042a39ad24638983d4b0705597f3f4

You can also test against the git repository as follows:

$ cd ansible
$ git checkout v2.1.3.0-0.3.rc3
$ git submodule update --init

You can then source our testing script:

$ . hacking/env-setup

or you can build your own .tar.gz (output will be dist/ansible-2.1.3.0.tar.gz):

$ make sdist

If you discover any errors, or if you see any regressions from playbooks which work on 1.9.x and prior, please open a Github issue and be sure to mention you're testing against this release candidate.

Thanks!

James Cammarata

Ansible Lead/Sr. Principal Software Engineer
Ansible by Red Hat
twitter: @thejimic, github: jimi-c