Ansible - configuring windows win_acl

Larion Ciprian

Nov 27, 2015, 11:06:44 AM11/27/15
to Ansible Project

I am struggling for some time now to get some permission on a windows folder for some domain users but it looks like my users are not recognized.

The kerberos authentication between my Linux machine and windows domain work correctly.

I can grant access to already created local users. I am using a domain admin to run the ansible playbook.

I have tried different combinations like domain\\userdomain , domain\userdomain, userdomain@domain, DOMAIN\\USERDOMAIN, DOMAIN\USERDOMAIN

I am running out of ideas, would you please give me some advise?

Message that I get is : FAILED >> { "failed": true, "msg": "domain\domainuser is not a valid user or group on the host machine or domain" }

J Hawkesworth

Nov 28, 2015, 3:42:48 AM11/28/15
to Ansible Project
Can you share your playbook, it's hard to make suggestions without some context?