Force to gather fact even if gathering is set to smart

Jürgen Haas

Apr 29, 2016, 4:40:59 AM4/29/16
to Ansible Project
How can I force setup to run on a play even if the Ansible config file is set to gathering strategy of smart.

When I include
gather_facts: True

for a play, it is just ignored while the facts file for a host is available in ~/.ansible/facts - this is in Ansible version 2.0.2.0

What am I doing wrong or is that even by design?

Paul Tötterman

May 1, 2016, 7:41:41 AM5/1/16
to Ansible Project
Hi,

How can I force setup to run on a play even if the Ansible config file is set to gathering strategy of smart.

Ansible 2.1:

* New meta action, `meta: clear_facts` which will remove existing facts for the current host from current memory and facts cache.

Cheers,
Paul