Ansible-Python Dependency

Mona Gopal

Jul 27, 2016, 6:09:22 AM7/27/16
to Ansible Project
Dear All,

   I have a playbook written to fetch various type of inventory information.
   This playbook gives the following error when i try to run in on RHEL5.5  server with Python2.4.3 in it

   Error:
     fatal: [172.19.1.156]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "Error: ansible requires the stdlib json or simplejson module, neither was found!"}

    How do I go about resolving it from my control machine itself?

    Also,  a basic query: Does ansible need python2.6 on the remote machines as well??

Thanks in advance,
Mona G

Kai Stian Olstad

Jul 27, 2016, 6:36:27 AM7/27/16