Ansible 1.4.1 update

Michael DeHaan

Nov 27, 2013, 6:35:33 PM11/27/13
to ansible...@googlegroups.com, ansible-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We've pushed out a 1.4.1 update which contains some additional bugfixes.

Generally testing in Ansible's development cycle is insanely thorough, well helped by the fact that so many people run ansible HEAD all the time (sourcing ./hacking/env-setup makes this easy!).  Occasionally some things slip through -- and the increased usage of a new release warrants a dot release.

This 1.4.1 is mainly a rollup for fixes to accelerate mode, including the ability to disable ipv6 listening, a fix for add_hosts when the groups are already listed in the inventory file, fixes for standardized credential reading for the EC2 modules, and fixes for the authorized_key module to account for comments and commas in the authorized keys file.  The archive module was also fixed to provide the correct argument order to unzip.  And a few other small things.

This is already been updated on PyPi and is available on ansibleworks.com/releases.

We have no immediate plans for a 1.4.2 update, but we're leaving that option open if need be.  I suspect we'll probably have one, if only to close some issues where Ansible will traceback on an error condition or two instead of giving a nice error message (as we don't believe that sort of thing :))

Thanks very much for everyone who reported bugs, helped test, and especially to those who have submitted bugfix pull requests!

--
Michael DeHaan <mic...@ansibleworks.com>
CTO, AnsibleWorks, Inc.