Need help with Ansible Deployment

venkat r

Sep 23, 2016, 1:25:42 PM9/23/16
to Ansible Project
Hi All,

I am new to Ansible.  I need to install the following softwares in server using Anisble .

1        Java 1.8

M      MongoDB 3.2.8

Redis 2.4.6

I am using this playbook. However, it installs mongodb 3.2.9 and a higher version of redis although the version is being passed in the variable. Java 1.8 installs fine as mentioned in the playbook. Again , with mongodb it installs 3.2.9 although I tried to pass mongodb_version: "3.2.8".

I have downloaded from github.

- hosts: server
  tasks:
    - name: installing repo for Java 8 in Ubuntu
      apt_repository: repo='ppa:openjdk-r/ppa'

- hosts: server
  roles:
    - role: geerlingguy.java
      when: "ansible_os_family == 'Debian'"