--list-tasks does not correlate with --start-at-task

Edwin Fine

Jul 29, 2015, 4:09:33 PM7/29/15
to Ansible Project
Using ansible 1.9.0.1, if I combine --start-at-task="..." with --list-tasks, it lists all tasks.

I would have expected it would list only the tasks beginning at start-at-task, similar to using it with --tags='...'.

I couldn't find an issue report or relevant comments in the latest ansible git log. Is there an issue I missed or should I open one?
---------------
Test run (Link to test playbook):

$ ansible-playbook -i localhost, test-start-at-tasks.yml --start-at-task='Task 3' --list-tasks

Expected output:

playbook: test-start-at-tasks.yml

  play #1 (localhost):    TAGS: []
    Task 3    TAGS: []
    Task 4    TAGS: []

Actual output:

playbook: test-start-at-tasks.yml

  play #1 (localhost):    TAGS: []
    Task 1    TAGS: []
    Task 2    TAGS: []
    Task 3    TAGS: []
    Task 4    TAGS: []

Brian Coca

Jul 29, 2015, 4:10:06 PM7/29/15
to Ansible Project
those were never designed to be combined
> --

Brian Coca

Martin

Jul 29, 2015, 4:24:44 PM7/29/15
to Ansible Project
So shouldn't they at least be exclusive then? That would be some form of feedback.