trying out newer versions of ansible

David Birdsong

Nov 27, 2015, 7:36:26 PM11/27/15
to Ansible Project
I've been running ansible 1.7.2 for ~year now and I want to take advantage of a bunch of new features like block and fact cacheing.

I pip installed ansible into a virtualenv. Running ansible --version tells me that ansible 2.0 is getting picked up as hoped, but 'block' is being rejected as a legal parameter.

Are there changes I need to make to ansible.cfg to block ansible from picking up version 1.7.2 from various module and runners?

David Birdsong

Nov 27, 2015, 8:05:37 PM11/27/15
to ansible...@googlegroups.com
I paid closer attention to running from a git checkout and cleaned up my PYTHONPATH and was able to get 2.0 running and using new syntax.

...always the case after typing up an email asking for help on a project.