Ansible 2.2.0.0 - module win_file & check mode

fabric...@socrambanque.fr

Dec 2, 2016, 8:08:32 AM12/2/16
to Ansible Project
Hello everybody,

I have just discovered that the win_file module does not support check_mode.

Is it a regression?

If not, are there any developments in progress for this module to support check mode?

Regards,

Fabrice Perko

Dag Wieers

Feb 15, 2017, 8:32:23 AM2/15/17
to Ansible Project
On Fri, 2 Dec 2016, fabric...@socrambanque.fr wrote:

> I have just discovered that the *win_file* module does not support
> *check_mode*.
>
> Is it a regression?
>
> If not, are there any developments in progress for this module to support
> check mode?

We are working hard to improve the Windows support and additional help to
make these modules better is very much appreciate.

As part of this effort to improve the Windows support, the following PR
was merged 3 weeks ago: https://github.com/ansible/ansible/pull/20671

Contributions are welcomed !

Kind regards,
--