Fw: I held on to GOOG

Jim Miller

Feb 19, 2013, 11:07:16 AM2/19/13
to undisclosed-recipients
Apple a company I first fell in love with years ago was one of the most Liberal companies in the world for so long. BUT with the death of Steve Jobs their culture changed. They became conservative and the whole culture changed. It was a stock I sold last year mainly because of that CONSERVITIVE STANCE..They started talking about stock buy backs and starting to pay a dividend. It may be loved by conservatives BUT most liberals want stocks and Politicians that have a hopes for the future for their company  and the country!!!

Feb 19, 2013, 11:11:17 AM2/19/13
to big-thicket-politics@googlegroups. com (big-thicket-politics@googlegroups.com), Another Itown
APPL has become a company like the Republican Party...A company ran by a bunch of OLD WHITE men with OLD conservative ideals.
  Most people want liberal leadership for their company and their Country!!!

bob1.JPG
bob12.JPG
pin_left.gif
pin_right.gif
puppy.gif

Bdaddy

Feb 19, 2013, 11:37:40 AM2/19/13
to another-lake-li...@googlegroups.com
Did you actually fall in love with Apple? Would you want to marry it and make love to it? Just wondering.

dlg...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2013, 11:44:59 AM2/19/13
to big-thicke...@googlegroups.com, another i-Town
Proof is in the pudding

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Big Thicket Politics" group.
Visit this group at .

For more options, visit .

bob11.JPG
bob122.JPG
butterfly_top.gif
butterfly_bottom.gif

Jim Miller

Feb 19, 2013, 11:45:58 AM2/19/13
to Another Itown
I did MARRY it...I put my money in it!! I stayed MARRIED to it for a long time!!

   Much longer than most people stayed married to their wife's!!
I don't take a vow "Till Death do us part" with a stock

I can fall out of love with a company and a Political Party...NOT like you!!
I am a REPUBLICAN till the day I die!!!!!!

Feb 19, 2013, 11:51:06 AM2/19/13
to another-lake-li...@googlegroups.com, big-thicket-politics@googlegroups. com (big-thicket-politics@googlegroups.com)
Steve jobs was an old white man. Talk about racist. Look in the mirror, you're an old white man.

I don't understand what running a business has to do with liberal or conservative. They're there to make money.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Big Thicket Politics" group.To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to big-thicket-politics+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Bdaddy

Feb 19, 2013, 11:54:31 AM2/19/13
to another-lake-li...@googlegroups.com
I was just wondering since you seem so technical about words.

Wrong. I'm a conservative 'till the day I die. There's a difference. Political parties change one way or another. My beliefs don't change.

Jim Miller

Feb 19, 2013, 12:07:17 PM2/19/13
to Another Itown
You asked the question yesterday
  Did you support the Vietnam War???

You never posted YOUR Views on it or the Gulf WARS!!

Did you support them THEN or NOW!!!!!

girl_fr.gif

Jim Miller

Feb 19, 2013, 12:14:21 PM2/19/13
to Another Itown
My beliefs don't change.

 Makes it pretty easy to understand what you think and feel!!!!!!

Feb 19, 2013, 2:41:47 PM2/19/13
to another-lake-li...@googlegroups.com
My core beliefs are my principles, they won't change. I may change an opinion on something every now and then but it would still be in line with my beliefs.

Jim Miller

Feb 20, 2013, 11:14:30 AM2/20/13
to big-thicket-politics@googlegroups. com (big-thicket-politics@googlegroups.com)
I looked back at my trades on AAPL and trying to remember my stock history with them. My first buy in apple was in 1980 and my intelligent buy was based on such hard decisions.

It was in 1980..My wife was with me at a Grocery convention in Las Vegas..She met a lady that worked at Apple and loved their LOGO!!  That year I invested $5000 in their stock. I never paid much attention to it after that..It was just one of my investment in technology,,It and MSFT along with DELL were pretty much my only investment I teck for a long time!!

In the first part of 2009 when I had more time and more money I did buy some more.

It was NOT a Dividend paying stock..(most of mine were not) Last year when they announced that they were going to start paying a dividend I starting having second thought about owning the highest valued company in the market..I sold half of it at $647 and the rest of it at $657..My wife did not agree with me about it and as it continued to rise to over $700 I did have to eat crow..When I sold all of mu stocks in December (except for GOOG) she asked about buying more APPL. I looked at it pretty hard..BUT I felt that they were not the company that Steve Jobs had ran..They had became very conservative (not a company I wanted to leave to my kids)
    If I needed to depend on those stocks for MY LIFE I might BUT I look at my investments as something that I want to be there for them in 20--30 years!!  And AAPL just was not that stock!!

I respect AND understand you positions on the state of the country..BUT unlike you I feel that the future looks better now that ever before!!
   That is JUST my thoughts..I might be wrong...YOU and Republicans think it has gone to hell in a hand basket and UNLESS the Republicans take back over the future looks bad!!!

I guess that you don't have any thoughts about the policy of America choosing to enter several WARS and that if we don't continue to grow our military..We are doomed!!!

From: Bdaddy
Date: 2/19/2013 7:03:27 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: I held on to GOOG

If it was broke FIX IT!!!

How does that make a company liberal? That just sounds like common business practice. How can a company be liberal anyway. You take risks or play it safe.

What makes you think I didn't like Steve Jobs? What makes you think I care one way or the other? If I was an investor all I would care about is can he make money. I only checked internet sites to check out your post. I own an Apple Phone, other than that.......

You talked about how the company went bad after his death.

There are conflicting storylines out there about Apple in the post-Steve Jobs era.

One comes from its balance sheet. In the year since the Apple co-founder died at the age of 56, his company has flourished. The company has set record sales for the iPhone and the iPad. It’s the most valuable company in the world. And its stock has skyrocketed — from around $377 a share on the day Jobs died to more than $650 Friday.

Now they are down. Companies go up and down. Apple will come back.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57569581-37/apple-stock-drop-blamed-on-huge-hedge-funds/

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:47:45 PM UTC-6, Jim Miller wrote:
Sorry Bdaddy  I read the book NOT just something you found on the net!!!
        You probably used Yahoo instead for Google to find a little about Jobs and liked what it said!!

   His thoughts on education where based on the fact that American School have let the rest of the world past us by..He felt that schools should be open 11 months a year..That we should demand education as much as we demanded a strong military.
He once EXPLAINED that the cost were much cheaper in China than they were in America and Americans didn't care where their Iphone came from...They just want INSANELY GREAT Products...He once said I will build an IPhone in America and my cost will be over a hundred dollars more..He even started to do it.. Surveys say NO ONE WOULD BUY THE HIGHER PRICED PHONE..the Phone Plans were scraped!!

And I am glad that you now know that Jobs died on 2011. From what I read and followed he didn't take much time for Politics!! He just wanted to know HOW do I make great products...He was one of the most liberal business men America has ever known!!  If it was broke FIX IT!!!

My faith in APPLE was more In the man than the Company..I unlike you don't just like someone because they work for a company or are a REPUBLICAN!!!!!

Also thanks for you views on the last couple of wars that we got in!!!

Feb 20, 2013, 11:54:52 AM2/20/13
to big-thicket-politics@googlegroups. com (big-thicket-politics@googlegroups.com)

Today

Is This the New Apple Logo?

Is This the New Apple Logo?

http://gizmodo.com/5891361/is-this-the-new-apple-logo

Put your Apple Kremlinology hat on, folks, and look at the colorful logo on the right of this image. That was the logo that Apple used today to close their presentation, which they usually close with their metal logo.

Is this Apple's new logo? I hope so!

I hope so because:

I love the rainbow.

I LOVE DOUBLE RAINBOWS.

I love unicorns too, their ribeyes and tenderloins specially, rare.

I used to love the old Apple logo and this is like, you know, a modern version.

It looks like Apple's color picker.

Tim Cook is gay but gray, he needs all the color he can

bob.JPG
bob11.JPG
en2.gif