How to get back to the path in the shell after command

Frank Mehlhop

Mar 3, 2018, 12:08:58 AM3/3/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion

Hi,

wenn I start a command at the shell like "ng serve" I get all the text
and on the end "webpack: Compiled successfully.".
But when it's finished I cant use the shell anymore because there is no cursor (behind the path like usual).

How can I quit to get back to the command opportunity?

Frank

Sander Elias

Mar 3, 2018, 12:27:30 AM3/3/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Frank,

You don't. Your command is starting the server, and is monitoring your code, and will update your browser when you make changes. If you exit this process, this will stop.

If you just want to build your app, and host it somewhere, you should be using 'ng build'

Regards
Sander

Frank Mehlhop

Mar 8, 2018, 3:15:20 PM3/8/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Sander,

but even when I close the browser, the shell is not coming back?!

Frank

Sander Elias

Mar 9, 2018, 11:49:39 AM3/9/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
No, the dev server keeps running until you end it. You can restart your browser, and continue where you left off.

Frank Mehlhop

Mar 16, 2018, 8:07:53 AM3/16/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Thanks! :-)

I also find out that with Control + C I can stop the process.

Frank