Unable to get npm install to work from angular-seed template

Ed R

Mar 28, 2015, 7:36:44 PM3/28/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hey All,
I have been trying to get the angular-seed template to run on my Windows 7 64 bit system and cannot get it to succeed on the npm install.

I have tried it with node 10 and 12, 12 thorws other errors.  I have tried removing everything I can find relating to node and reinstalling, have pulled angular-seed from the GitHub for Windows, the command line, and zip, and nothing seems to work.

The messages I get are as follows:

E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed>npm install
npm WARN optional dep failed, continuing fsev...@0.2.1
/
> w...@0.4.32 install E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed\node_modules\karma\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\socket.io-client\node_modules\ws
> (node-gyp rebuild 2> builderror.log) || (exit 0)

E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed\node_modules\karma\node_modules\socket.io\node_modules\socket.io-client\node_modules\ws>node "C:\nodejs\node_modules\n
pm\bin\node-gyp-bin\\..\..\node_modules\node-gyp\bin\node-gyp.js" rebuild
\
> phan...@1.9.16 install E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed\node_modules\karma-phantomjs-launcher\node_modules\phantomjs
> node install.js

Download already available at C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Local\Temp\phantomjs\phantomjs-1.9.8-windows.zip
Extracting zip contents
Removing E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed\node_modules\karma-phantomjs-launcher\node_modules\phantomjs\lib\phantom
Copying extracted folder C:\Users\Ed\AppData\Local\Temp\phantomjs\phantomjs-1.9.8-windows.zip-extract-1427584960088\phantomjs-1.9.8-windows -> E:\Development\An
gularJs\as1\angular-seed\node_modules\karma-phantomjs-launcher\node_modules\phantomjs\lib\phantom
Writing location.js file
Done. Phantomjs binary available at E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed\node_modules\karma-phantomjs-launcher\node_modules\phantomjs\lib\phantom\phantomjs
.exe
npm ERR! phan...@1.9.16 install: `node install.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the phan...@1.9.16 install script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the phantomjs package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR!     node install.js
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR!     npm owner ls phantomjs
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! System Windows_NT 6.1.7601
npm ERR! command "C:\\nodejs\\\\node.exe" "C:\\nodejs\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "install"
npm ERR! cwd E:\Development\AngularJs\as1\angular-seed
npm ERR! node -v v0.10.38
npm ERR! npm -v 1.4.28
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! not ok code 0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Vinícius Niche

Mar 29, 2015, 1:32:58 PM3/29/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Stumbled upon the same today, i realized the project was just left to rotten, recommend moving forward to other seed apps, at least, was what i did. :)

Ed R

Mar 29, 2015, 2:03:41 PM3/29/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Can you recommend another seed app to use?  Am having problems getting yeoman to install also, so not sure what seed to use.

Julian Lyndon-Smith

Aug 15, 2015, 8:24:58 AM8/15/15
to AngularJS
did you ever choose a seed app ? I'm looking for one now, but they all seem either very young or abandoned, or not following guidelines like John Papa's .. help ;)

Sander Elias

Aug 17, 2015, 12:27:51 AM8/17/15
to AngularJS
Hi Julian,

Take a look at hot-towel from John papa.

Regards
Sander

jamie

Aug 18, 2015, 11:05:00 PM8/18/15
to AngularJS
I think this means that node is not defined in your path, or it's not installed where npm thinks it's installed.  Open a command window and paste in

C:\\nodejs\\\\node.exe

and see if it opens.