Angular 1.3 vs 2.0

156 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Jotsna Dammavalam

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 05.56.4424.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I have previously worked in angular 1.2. Now i am planning to work for a new project and with angular 2.0 around the corner, i am not sure weather should i wait for it or build the UI with 1.3 and may be upgrade later. I know it depends on weather i want to wait or not. I do not want to wait for 2.0 to be released, but at the same time cannot afford the rework in near future as 2.0 will be the future.

What i would like to know is is it worth to build the app in 1.3 and keep it for a couple of years and then think of rewriting in the new version?

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Jo

Daniel Lidström

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 06.18.2824.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
I am using 1.3 for all my new apps. It is working great for me. For me I am happy with what 1.x is providing. I can't really see that change within the next few years. What problems do you think 2.0 would solve that you can't do (or is hard) in 1.3?
Indlægget blev slettet

Jotsna Dammavalam

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 07.10.1724.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
I am waiting for 2.0 to solve a specific problems, but just that i want to use the latest and greatest, if it was from 1.2 - 1.3 it would have been stright forward, but now with ES6 + Angular 2.0 its a big change in the way the whole angular coding thing works.

Is it a legit reason at all?

Regards,
Jo

Sander Elias

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 09.32.4124.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jotsna,

NG2 is barely in alpha. I hope it will be in beta before the end of the year. If your project can linger around for that long, do it in 2.(an there is no guarantee that it will be ready by then anyway!) If not do it in 1.4. You are not starting with angular, so you don't have to (de)learn anything. Angular 1 will be around fro the coming 3 to 6 year anyhow.
Wanting the new shiny stuff is understandable, but are you sure every browser you need to support will be supported by NG2? Also you might need to relearn a few thing to become proficient with it again.

Regards
Sander

Jotsna Dammavalam

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 10.18.2424.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
Got my answer, thanks to one and all who contributed to this questions guys.

Regards,
Jo

Gustavo Cruz

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 10.58.2724.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
ES6 will be not available too soon for all browsers.
For internal systems where you can force specific browsers versions it's ok, but for a crossbrowser app will be a problem.

See:

Fernando Moraes

ulæst,
24. apr. 2015, 12.37.4424.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
Waiting for ES6 in browsers, four our company had a large weight in our choice.

Martin Kuhn

ulæst,
25. apr. 2015, 04.57.2125.04.2015
til ang...@googlegroups.com
I think no system written in ES6 runs in a current browser.
Everybody uses a transpiler to get ES5 code (like babeljs.io, traceur, typescript). So the conclusion is: write ES6 code and deliver (transpiled) ES5 code.
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye opslag