handling double clicks in ui-grid

rajplayster

May 30, 2016, 7:51:46 AM5/30/16
to AngularJS
Hi,
I have a ui-grid with ui-grid-selection and ui-grid-row-edit directives.
When I click on a row I need it to be selected but
when I double click I need the editor to open up but the gridApi.selection.on.rowSelectionChanged to not fire.
Currently double clciking on a row fired the rowSelectionChanged event twice.

Please help.

Sander Elias

May 31, 2016, 1:58:32 AM5/31/16
to AngularJS
Hi Rajplayster,

Make sure your dblClick event is bound before the normal click event. However, I would add a small 'edit' icon/button to each row. That is more ux-friendly..

Regards
Sander

rajplayster

Jun 2, 2016, 2:12:19 PM6/2/16
to AngularJS
Thank you, Sander.
Not sure I understand.
Should I register event handlers for dblClick and click on the ui-grid?
Also I use the grid-edit and grid-rowedit directives that allow a grid row to become editable on double click.
Edit icon/buttton would open a form.