Cannot read property 'clientHeight' of undefined error?

Dave M

Apr 14, 2016, 5:43:47 AM4/14/16
to AngularJS
Hi All,

Been having this error for some time from a new Angular application, derived from the Ionic Creator tab starter, though it has evolved so far from there they would no longer be able to have viable offspring (were they mammals).

I can't find anyone online that's having a similar issue. I suspect it is something very obvious that I've overlooked.

The application starts, finds a default state, and navigates to it successfully - stateChangeSuccess happens, then immediately this error is dumped to the console.

TypeError: Cannot read property 'clientHeight' of undefined
    at ionic.views.ScrollNative.ionic.views.View.inherit.initialize (http://127.0.0.1:8000/browser/www/lib/ionic/js/ionic.bundle.js:6999:43)
    at nodeLinkFn (http://127.0.0.1:8000/browser/www/lib/ionic/js/ionic.bundle.js:21441:11) <!-- uiView: observationelement -->

Has anyone had a similar hiccup - and could they share any insight into it? TIA!

- Dave

Ravi kumar

Oct 26, 2016, 2:51:03 AM10/26/16
to Angular
Interested to know if you have figured out the solution :)

Dave Mee

Oct 26, 2016, 3:51:06 AM10/26/16
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ravi,

I think it was caused by a mis-matched set of tags (this is a while ago now!)

It's definitely an issue caused by the front-end / HTML code, which then manifests as this exact error from the AngularJS side of things. Check your tags are cleanly nested and matched. I think I had a fouled-up Ionic list structure that was actually causing it for me, though Ionic lists generally seem fairly robust.

Try rebuilding the HTML structure you narrow the error down to, or get some fresh eyes to look over for glaringly obvious but invisible structural mistakes!

Hope that helps!

Dave