Angular routing in existing non-angular website

Kailash Yadav

Apr 27, 2017, 6:41:13 AM4/27/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hello, I am new in Angular. We have a existing websites and now we want to convert that in SPA without making lots of changes. New request flow should work like:
  1. User open home page, server return complete page HTML
  2. On page load, some JS code add listener(Angular routing?) on all links on page
  3. When user click on link, Angular Router send request to server(ajax request) and server again return complete page HTML
  4. Angular router flip the user's screen, add in ES6 history api (for back/forward button), change URL and page Title
  5. Some extra resource request goes to server (additional JS/CSS if added in header)
Is it possible using Angular Router? If yes than any document/example?

Thanks

Sander Elias

Apr 27, 2017, 9:41:50 AM4/27/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Kailash,

What you want is a classic website that does server side routing. Just don't use the angular router, and you are good to go.

Regards
Sander