CI Server for angular applications?

Tito

Aug 11, 2017, 12:34:18 PM8/11/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hello,

What have you found to be a good CI server for deploying your angular apps to production?

Thanks!

Sander Elias

Aug 12, 2017, 7:07:25 AM8/12/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Tito,

The AngularJS team uses Jenkins. Travis or circle CI should do fine for Angular from version 2 and up.
Also, you should see this talk from my friend Raul

Regards
Sander

Tito

Aug 15, 2017, 12:14:47 PM8/15/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Thanks!

I was wondering how webpack fits into this whole CI thing and Jenkins. I have been digging into webpack more and it seems to be an amazing option for building my bundles. so amazing!!!

Juri Strumpflohner

Aug 16, 2017, 3:10:07 AM8/16/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Well you can think of webpack as the compiler. Jenkins (or any other tool like Travis, CircleCI,..) are the tools that drive the whole build process like fetching the corresponding source from the git repo, then invoking the according webpack command to build and create the bundle, then invoking some other command for maybe running your unit tests & finally then deploying ur built bundles somewhere (on NPM, ur prod server,...)

Hope it helps :)