Alternative to jQuery UI that works the AngularJS way?

disperse....@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2012, 2:12:48 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm new to AngularJS and am working to port an existing web application from straight jQuery / jQuery UI to AngularJS.

I'm finding that AngularJS doesn't play well with widgets that modify the DOM which includes much of jQuery UI.

What widget/UI libraries are people using with AngularJS?  As the only developer on this project I don't have the time available to write components from scratch or write adapters for every widget I use.

Thanks,

Mark.

Renan T. Fernandes

Aug 9, 2012, 2:17:00 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
See this https://github.com/angular-ui/angular-ui

Renan Fernandes(aka "ShadowBelmolve")

rdo

Aug 9, 2012, 2:23:07 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com, re...@kauamanga.com.br
The documentation for that project is very spotty, to say the least.

Renan T. Fernandes

Aug 9, 2012, 2:26:26 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Have you see the site? http://angular-ui.github.com/
AngularUI is WIP so isn't strange that are docs/directives missing, but for UI in angularjs this is the best project(I think)

disperse....@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2012, 2:30:39 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com, re...@kauamanga.com.br
Yes, I'm using AngularUI and it has been good; however, even using the library, I find that it's been a lot of work to get a couple widgets working.  Also, I end up having to write UI code in Angular to make it work.  Ideally, AngularJS would set up the structure of the document and then I could pull in a widget library to set up the appearance and interactive elements of the application.  I realize this may be wishful thinking.

rdo

Aug 9, 2012, 2:51:02 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com, re...@kauamanga.com.br
Ah! that site is much more helpful than the github site and docs :) Thanks.

Marco Rinck

Aug 9, 2012, 3:37:44 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com, re...@kauamanga.com.br
Hi,

I'm currently working on a project using jQuery Mobile with AnguluarJS via jquery-mobile-angular-adapter by tigbro. see this project:  https://github.com/tigbro/jquery-mobile-angular-adapter

He is also currently working on a book about mobile applications which is featuring angular and jqm.

Looks promising so far.

Marco

Peter Smith

Aug 9, 2012, 3:58:52 PM8/9/12
to ang...@googlegroups.com, disperse....@gmail.com
Hey there Renan,

The Angular-ui guys are pretty Angular and their ui widgets are pretty damned good. I am using the Select2 drop down in production.

But as well as widgets you should try and get into an Angular frame of mind.

Here is an example. Today my client started asking for more columns in her table.

Bad news as I would have to do an overflow auto on the table and have ugly scroll bars permanantly on view.

Then came the Angular moment!

Stack the results in the table cells instead of spreading them across the table.

For example she has a Required, Requested, Received, and Result pattern for various items.

So in a single table cell just do something like

REQ: {{p.ITEM_REQUESTED | date: 'medium'}}
REC: {{p.ITEM_RECEIVED | date: 'medium' }}
RES: {{p.ITEM_RESULT == 1 && 'Yes' || 'No'}}

Now my table becomes less wide and holds more info.

Peter

felipe...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2013, 6:30:42 PM1/10/13
to ang...@googlegroups.com, disperse....@gmail.com
I believe that one of the best widget libraries out there is Bootstrap (from Twitter). They have a lot of components based on html and css only (so no problems with angular there), and for the components that use Javascript there is the Angular Strap project, that provides directives for most of the Bootstrap's components.

Eventually you might need to add other 3rd party widgets to your project, so learning how to create custom directives is the way to go.

Josh Kurz

Jan 10, 2013, 8:37:20 PM1/10/13
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Not too sure angular-strap is the way to go. I would recommend using angular-ui-bootstrap. Native angular js directives.

Sent from my iPhone

Joshua Miller

Jan 10, 2013, 8:40:34 PM1/10/13
to angular
Hello!

I agree with Josh...not me, the other one.

Angular Strap just wraps the original jQuery plugins, which I don't really recommend. But as Josh said, ui-bootstrap is all native (http://angular-ui.github.com/bootstrap/). It's not all complete yet, but we're getting there.

Josh

Mehmet Otkun

Mar 5, 2015, 1:37:48 PM3/5/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi dear,

I have published a new UI component set named QunatumUI It is complately native angular based and it includes 25+ common components. Also it has detailed documentation and more examples.

This is home page of componenets http://angularui.net/

This is documentation and examples page http://angularui.net/appdoc/documents/home/

And this is Github source code page https://github.com/angularui/quantumui

I hope you would like and waiting for your comments.