angularjs 1.x customize talkback for input type text for hybrid cordova app on android

Neel Sinha

Jan 17, 2018, 3:19:03 AM1/17/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion

I am having an hybrid app on angularjs(included ngAria, angular v1.4.14). i have an input element and android talkback is not reading the string in aria label instead it is reading ng model value and append it with Edit Box. I want to customize whats being said by talkback.

CONTROLLER:

$scope
.quantity = '10';

HTML-

<input
type="text" class="quantity-input pull-left" ng-model="quantity" aria-label="main" />

What I want is that talkback should read "main" which is inside aria-label, but it is reading "10 edit box".

basically I want to customize whats being spoken on talkback using angular ngAria or anything.

Note : working fine on Iphone - voiceover reads : content in aria-label appended with the ng model.