Angular's compatibility/integration with other full-scope framework

Jasmine Yuan

Dec 8, 2016, 7:44:28 PM12/8/16
to Angular
I am using a full-scope user management framework, I plan to use that as my backend framework and use Angular as front end framework. so my backend framwork already have css, jquery and other basic scripts loaded, do i have to add all the Angular files? What documents can i skip in the repo https://github.com/angular/angular
Also angular 2 uses Typescript, my backend framework has javascript in it, will that be in conflict with typescript?

Sander Elias

Dec 8, 2016, 11:53:02 PM12/8/16
to Angular
Hi Jasmine,

As usual it depends. In your case I would setup angular so that it uses AOT and treeshaking. This can make a single JS file out of your angular app. Add that to your current setup, and you are done.

Regards
Sander

Jasmine Yuan

Dec 11, 2016, 4:25:27 PM12/11/16
to Angular
Thank you Sander for your quick response.

I just want to get an opinion from you if i can do this for production: just use quickstart +production capability (mainly AOT+treeshaking)?

from my little research online, looks like i can just use quickstart to build my website for production according to https://github.com/angular/quickstart/issues/298, but i do need to  add production build capabilities later. Per production build capabilities, i guess it means all the things mentioned in here http://blog.mgechev.com/2016/06/26/tree-shaking-angular2-production-build-rollup-javascript/, including AOT and treeshaking you mentioned in your last email. quickstart does have aot compilar but not the rollup tree shaking script, which i guess i need to add to it.

Sander Elias

Dec 12, 2016, 12:13:36 AM12/12/16
to Angular
Hi Jasmine,

When you use angular-cli all of this is taken care of.  Building for production is just adding a cmd-line switch. It will build you a project that conforms the style guide.

Regards
Sander

Jasmine Yuan

Dec 12, 2016, 10:36:15 AM12/12/16
to Angular
Thank you so very much. This really saved me time on researching Angular 2.
I already started integrating Angular 2 with my backend framework called UserFrosting. Angular 2 works fine standalone, but when i merged Angular 2 with other backend framework, I had to move around some of Angular 2's documents and thus leads to mal-function. I researched online for tutorial or article on integration of Angular 2 with backend framework, but no success. Is there a good tutorial you can recommend? or can you point out a few key things i need to do for the integration to be successful?