Data Persistence in Angular 2.0

Jeremy

Mar 30, 2015, 2:17:15 PM3/30/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
I read through the design doc Data Persistence in Angular 2.0 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DMacL7iwjSMPP0ytZfugpU4v0PWUK0BT6lhyaVEmlBQ/edit) and would like to start playing with these features like ngOffline and ngData.  Are these available yet in Angular 2.0?  Where is the best place to look at what features are available in 2.0 so I know what I can start experimenting with?  Thanks!

Samuel Castro e Silva

Mar 30, 2015, 2:20:25 PM3/30/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Take a look: https://angular.io/

Cheers,
Samuel

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Jeremy <jra...@gmail.com> wrote:
I read through the design doc Data Persistence in Angular 2.0 (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DMacL7iwjSMPP0ytZfugpU4v0PWUK0BT6lhyaVEmlBQ/edit) and would like to start playing with these features like ngOffline and ngData.  Are these available yet in Angular 2.0?  Where is the best place to look at what features are available in 2.0 so I know what I can start experimenting with?  Thanks!

Jeremy

Mar 30, 2015, 2:41:02 PM3/30/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Yea I looked around that site for awhile.  I couldn't tell what's currently implemented vs in-progress vs not started.  Would be nice to know so we can start playing with the implemented features.

Ethan Presberg

Mar 31, 2015, 9:20:27 AM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Ins't angular.io built on angular 1.x?

Samuel Castro e Silva

Mar 31, 2015, 9:29:08 AM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
No, is based on Angular 2.0, but you can choose old versions as well.

Cheers.

Ethan Presberg

Mar 31, 2015, 9:30:57 AM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com, ang...@googlegroups.com
Look at the github repo of the website, under “Technologies Used” on the readme.md file it clearly states that it uses angular 1.x.

Kind Regards,
Ethan Presberg

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AngularJS" group.

Samuel Castro e Silva

Mar 31, 2015, 9:39:31 AM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you're right, I'm just trying to say that angular.io has a lot of information and samples about Angular 2.0. :)

Samuel Castro

Full Stack Developer

(37) 9110-8850

Ethan Presberg

Mar 31, 2015, 9:45:03 AM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com, ang...@googlegroups.com
Ahhh ok gotcha.

Honestly, I have been looking for documentation over the past several weeks, and there is not a lot.

There are a few blogs, mostly from a few angular team members, there is the design docs in google drive, the quickstart, and a few examples in the core.

One of the problems I am finding is that, yes, I understand that angular 2.0 is still in alpha and things change rapidly.
But what I think would be nice is if there was a release document with each new version of the alpha. Because one of the problems with trying to understand and tinker with the example apps is that they pretty much break each release.
So, if there was a document saying that “We changed !foreach to *foreach” and then “We changed Foreach to For” and so   on and so forth, that would be very helpful to us, I think.

Could be that it already exists and I just haven’t found it yet. Which that in and of itself is a problem as I have been scouring the web looking for ANYTHING angular 2.0 related.
It would be really awesome if it were on the angular.io webpage. It is a really important thing that I believe should even have it’s own dedicated section, maybe combine releases notes with the download page or something.

Anyways, just my 2 cents..

Kind Regards,
Ethan Presberg

Jeremy

Mar 31, 2015, 4:11:12 PM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Yes that's exactly what I've been searching around for as well, and why I posted this question here.  Even a release log would be helpful in this stage.