AngularJS + W3C + WAI- AA accesibility level Is it possible to create a web using AngularJS and at the same time can pass the tests of compatibility WAI and accessibility AA level

rrodr...@i3net.es

Apr 25, 2017, 4:28:28 AM4/25/17
to Angular and AngularJS discussion

AngularJS uses Javascript, uses tag modifiers with specific names and content created at runtime.

Even so, AngularJS is equipped with tools to solve these problems:

  • Javascript is not prohibited on Web WAI (If used in right way)

  • Modifiers can start with data-ng-keyword

  • It makes use of the module NG-ARIA attributes that convey state or semantic information about the application for users of assistive technologies, such as screen readers.

Does anyone know if there is any point that I have not considered and where AngularJS could present an insurmountable problem if I want my development to be signed as WAI-AA and accessible?

At least I would be very happy of knowing if there are some document that guides me in the best practices to make compatible AngularJS with the requirements that W3C asks us to mark the Web as accessible type WAI-AA

Some good document where I can learn the points that I must take care of during the development of my Web AngularJS so that it ends up being accessible type WAI-AA.

Only wanted to know experiences from other users who tried to validate as accesible Webs created with angularjs and if finally was very hard to make compatible.

Thanks in advance.