Where and How to start the Web App that I want to build ?

Manish Jain

Jul 4, 2018, 11:52:29 PM7/4/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hello,

       I am a beginner in programming and have been learning on the basics as well HTML, CSS, Javascript and Angular for a while. I have decided to build an Order Management App based on Angular and Node. I have the layout in my mind but I am not able to figure it out as to what would be the best way to start. This app will basically have a simple interface - A Login Page, A User Management Page and the most important ORDERS PAGE and that is what I wanna start with for now. This will have 3 sections - One Header, One Table that will list all the orders in a number of columns , and One Left Pane that will have filters. I want to first build the UI first, then Front End, and then the Backend and Database (Correct me If I am going the wrong way please) .

Now I do not understand how should I design the Interface. Should I have plain HTML, or include Bootstrap and if Bootstrap , then should I use any Bootstrap Library that goes with Angular or anything else. Should I be concerned about Angular write in the beginning when designing UI.

Plz guide. Would appreciate any help.

ACHARYA ANIL KUMAR

Jul 5, 2018, 12:55:08 AM7/5/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Manish ,

First make rough mock up so can you divide functionality into modules and designing the db, then or you can start creating plain html templates but with bootstrap 4 that will work with latest angular version it will help you practically thinking about requirements for Project Scaffolding or Foundation , then Start building the app dividing functionality into Modules.

Sander Elias

Jul 5, 2018, 1:24:22 AM7/5/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi Manish,

First of all, you should be using the CLI to create your app. If you want your app to have a unique look and feel, roll your own components using basic CSS and some angular components. (plain HTML doesn't really exist in Angular, template's do look like HTML tho.)
If you don't mind a more cookie cutter design, you can use a component library to help you speed up development. Personally, I prefer Googles Material Design over Bootstrap, but both are good choices. There are more. VMware has clarity, and MS has fabric (you can use the core version), and that's not even the tip of the iceberg.

I prefer the google MD because the Angular Core team has its own implementation.

Regards
Sander

Manish Jain

Jul 12, 2018, 12:30:27 AM7/12/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Thanks @Sander and @Anil,

       I have done accordingly as advised by you. I have started the app on Codepen itself so Its easier to manage initially what I am trying to build. I have started with the frontend and am struck at something which I am posting in a new topic. Would appreciate any help.

Mike Ciote

Jul 12, 2018, 8:46:28 AM7/12/18
to ang...@googlegroups.com
you can take a Bootstrap (or another css framework) because its easier to make grid (design UI) with them
i recommend to read some free it books to be more familiar with a topic

Manish Jain

Jul 12, 2018, 10:25:59 PM7/12/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Thanks. Yes I am using Bootstrap, Mike and it seems working good.