Facebook Login Steps

Sandeep Bhat

Sep 24, 2016, 10:23:03 AM9/24/16
to AngularJS
Hi All

Can anyone explain to me the flows for facebook login in Angular?

When the login using facebook is clicked on, pop-up comes for email and password,ie FB credentials. Once authorized there, this is the link to which a GET request is seen going. Not sure why the /signup is chosen for the GET request. Why that particular url? Is this done by the FB api? Seems like I will need to handle this GET request from my server. But how am I required to respond to this? I am trying to integrate FB login to my app.

http://localhost:3002/signup?code=#someCode

This is my config in Angular --

  $authProvider.httpInterceptor = function() { return true; },
  $authProvider.withCredentials = false;
  $authProvider.tokenRoot = null;
  $authProvider.baseUrl = '/';
  $authProvider.loginUrl = '/auth/login';
  $authProvider.signupUrl = '/auth/signup';
  $authProvider.unlinkUrl = '/auth/unlink/';
  $authProvider.tokenName = 'token';
  $authProvider.tokenPrefix = 'satellizer';
  $authProvider.tokenHeader = 'Authorization';
  $authProvider.tokenType = 'Bearer';
  $authProvider.storageType = 'localStorage';

  $authProvider.facebook({
  clientId: '#someID',
  name: 'facebook',
  url: 'http://localhost:3002/register',
  authorizationEndpoint: 'https://www.facebook.com/v2.5/dialog/oauth',
  redirectUri: 'http://localhost:3002/signup/',
  requiredUrlParams: ['display', 'scope'],
  scope: ['email'],
  scopeDelimiter: ',',
  display: 'popup',
  oauthType: '2.0',
  popupOptions: { width: 580, height: 400 }
});

Currently I need to use url of my server at port 3002 waiting for register POST request.

Thanks. Any help would be appreciated.