Angular installation: TypeError: querystring.unescape is not a function

Dejan Kropec

Jan 21, 2018, 8:50:16 AM1/21/18
to Angular and AngularJS discussion
Hi,

I have started to develop a application with Angular 5.

Anyway my files are compiled correctly but my app isn't working.

I got this error:
TypeError: querystring.unescape is not a function
   at getFilenameFromUrl (c:\php\gamesonline\node_modules\webpack-dev-middleware\lib\GetFilenameFromUrl.js:33:21)

Since querystring.unescape function is in node package i've installed fresh node 9.4.0. No changes, still get the same error.

But i've seen that in package-lock.json of my app source that angular is loading 3 different querystring (query-string, querystring-es3 and querystring) packages into my project. Since the last package querystring (^v0.20) doesn't have method unescape (only encode and decode methods), maybee not the right funcion get called in a wrong place. I think that could be the reason for the error? But I don't know how to correct this.

I think, maybee this error is a common thing with angular, does anybody have any solution for this issue, if not could please somebody more expirienced with angular5 discuse issue, related to my problem.

Installation:
Angular CLI: 1.6.3
Node: 9.4.0
OS: win32 x64
Angular: 5.2.1
... animations, common, compiler, compiler-cli, core, forms
... http, language-service, platform-browser
... platform-browser-dynamic, router

@angular/cli: 1.6.3
@angular-devkit/build-optimizer: 0.0.41
@angular-devkit/core: 0.0.25
@angular-devkit/schematics: 0.0.51
@ngtools/json-schema: 1.1.0
@ngtools/webpack: 1.9.3
@schematics/angular: 0.1.16
typescript: 2.4.2
webpack: 3.10.0

Node.js: v9.4.0

npm: 5.6.0

If anybody has a solution you are welcome !

Thank you