Angular: DIV with linux tail like experience

Michaël Martens

Mar 31, 2015, 7:43:14 AM3/31/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

as a newbie I'm trying to understand Angular and I was wondering:

is Angular capable of monitoring a txt or log file and, for example, show the contents in a DIV when they change?

So what I mean is:

1. read the last ten lines of text from a file
2. show them in a DIV
3. update if changed

A bit like the linux command 'tail' with auto-refresh ;-)

Thanks,

Back to the books now,

regards,

Sander Elias

Apr 1, 2015, 12:30:25 AM4/1/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michaël,

Angular (at least the 1.x versions) are build to run inside a browser. So reading files is not something you can do easily.

Regards
Sander

Anton Trapp

Apr 1, 2015, 1:21:42 AM4/1/15
to ang...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michaël

if you mean server side files, there are some nice push notification libs (depending on your server side framework). If you mean client-side: This is for safety reasons (as Sander mentioned) not possible.

Kind regards,
Anton