What do you call the collective name for the different javascript-file based entities?

Richard Kandora

Aug 24, 2016, 11:42:09 AM8/24/16
to AngularJS
I'm talking about the collective name for services, directives, components, controllers, factories. There doesn't seem to be an overarching name that refers to all of them

Lucas Lacroix

Aug 24, 2016, 11:43:46 AM8/24/16
to AngularJS
I would call that and "application".

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 11:42 AM Richard Kandora <richard...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm talking about the collective name for services, directives, components, controllers, factories. There doesn't seem to be an overarching name that refers to all of them

Lucas Lacroix
Computer Scientist
Advanced Technology Division, MEDITECH

Richard Kandora

Sep 25, 2016, 8:16:55 PM9/25/16
to AngularJS
I don't mean all of them together but all of them individually. Like, is there a name that refers to the super group of them.

Say for example I write 2 services, 1 provider and 2 directives. I could say I wrote 5 "__________"s. What is the blank?

Zlatko Đurić

Sep 26, 2016, 4:53:58 AM9/26/16
to AngularJS

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 2:16:55 AM UTC+2, Richard Kandora wrote:
I don't mean all of them together but all of them individually. Like, is there a name that refers to the super group of them.

Say for example I write 2 services, 1 provider and 2 directives. I could say I wrote 5 "__________"s. What is the blank?

I think I would call that generic "components".  I know you can also have the things angular actually calls Components, but it seems to be in the spirit of things. In the talks and docs, the core team themselves call it all "component tree", so I think it's fitting.
You could maybe use "modules", as in CJS modules, but to me it sounds just a little bit off. Although technically I can't point exactly what is wrong with it now.

Zlatko