[angular2] hosting on s3

Adam Hitchens

Jun 28, 2016, 11:32:33 AM6/28/16
to AngularJS
Hello,

are there any suggested ways/tools to host an angular 2 app on s3? The quickstart has changed a lot since the last time I looked at it. I am no longer sure what files in the node_modules directory you need to upload for the app to work.

  1. <script src="node_modules/core-js/client/shim.min.js"></script>
  2. <script src="node_modules/zone.js/dist/zone.js"></script>
  3. <script src="node_modules/reflect-metadata/Reflect.js"></script>
  4. <script src="node_modules/systemjs/dist/system.src.js"></script>
Clearly these files are needed, but systemJS handles loading all the modules. Does using the typescript 'outFile' work? Do you need to upload the entire node_modules/angular directory? Are there any tools that can handle all of this painlessly?

Sorry if the question is bad, but I cannot seem to find any great documents on deploying angular 2 for production. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Lucas Lacroix

Jun 28, 2016, 11:35:07 AM6/28/16
to ang...@googlegroups.com
You should use webpack or SystemJS builder so that all of the required node_modules are built into a single file.

Lucas Lacroix
Computer Scientist
System Technology Division, MEDITECH