java.io.EOFException

wdb1133

Apr 13, 2010, 8:02:45 PM4/13/10
to AndroidRemote
Getting this error when trying to connect w/ Pro. Lite works fine.
Tried uninstalling Lite thinking it was a conflict, but did not
correct the issue. Let me know.

Thanks

Walter Wang

Apr 14, 2010, 12:09:57 PM4/14/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
I guess you using Remote VNC Pro. What VNC server are you using?

> Thanks
>
> --

RDP/VNC Clients for Google Android
http://www.toremote.com
http://groups.google.com/group/androidremote

This communication is intended ONLY for the use of the person or
entity named above and may contain information that is confidential or
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient named above
or a person responsible for delivering messages or communications to
the intended recipient, YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that any use,
distribution, or copying of this communication or any of the
information contained in it is strictly prohibited. If you have
email and then destroy or delete this communication, or return it to
us by mail if requested by us.

wdb1133

Apr 14, 2010, 7:25:24 PM4/14/10
to AndroidRemote
Stock vnc on an osx box.

On Apr 14, 12:09 pm, Walter Wang <androidremotecont...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I guess you using Remote VNC Pro. What VNC server are you using?
>

> > Thanks
>
> > --
>
> --
> RDP/VNC Clients for Google Androidhttp://www.toremote.comhttp://groups.google.com/group/androidremote

Walter Wang

Apr 15, 2010, 6:19:26 PM4/15/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Were you using the listen mode? or if you are using a dynamic ip
address on the OSX?

Would you like to send me the logs, install SendLog or Log Collector
from Market, run it when problem happened again.

Regards,

Walter

Message has been deleted

wdb1133

Apr 15, 2010, 9:00:07 PM4/15/10
to AndroidRemote
No listen mode. No dynamic ip. Works over internal wifi. Does not work
over cdma using either ip or host name. Lite used to work on
everything. Let me know if u still need the logs.

On Apr 15, 6:19 pm, Walter Wang <androidremotecont...@gmail.com>

wdb1133

Apr 15, 2010, 9:32:32 PM4/15/10
to AndroidRemote
Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN
cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000
cmp=com.toremote.vncpro/.ServersList bnds=[125,58][235,176] }
Start proc com.toremote.vncpro for activity
com.toremote.vncpro/.ServersList: pid=30414 uid=10076 gids={3003,
1015}
Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=38)
Debugger thread not active, ignoring DDM send (t=0x41504e4d l=42)
Displayed activity com.toremote.vncpro/.ServersList: 622 ms (total 622
ms)
[RosterMgr] roster not modified
[OtrMgr] OTR not modified
s=69.122.214.96 p=15900
Starting activity: Intent { cmp=com.toremote.vncpro/
com.toremote.RemoteActivity (has extras) }
*** starting remote view
Default buffer size used in BufferedReader constructor. It would be
better to be explicit if an 8k-char buffer is required.
starting rfb....
starting...
GC freed 2936 objects / 195800 bytes in 53ms
Rfb protocol created
Displayed activity com.toremote.vncpro/com.toremote.RemoteActivity:
552 ms (total 552 ms)
VNC authentication: success
connected..
Desktop name is Office Mac
Desktop size is 1920 x 1200
initiated...
GC freed 494 objects / 31832 bytes in 95ms
Process org.l6n.sendlog (pid 30405) has died.
set pixel format
started protocol...
Exception
java.io.EOFException
at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(DataInputStream.java:395)
at com.toremote.rfb.e.n(Unknown Source)
at com.toremote.b.h(Unknown Source)
at com.toremote.i.run(Unknown Source)
RFB socket closed
enqueueToast pkg=com.toremote.vncpro
callback=android.app.ITransientNotification$Stub$Proxy@44a66140
duration=1
Unable to open /proc/30405/status
Process com.google.android.apps.uploader (pid 30348) has died.
****** stoped
****** exit

wdb1133

Apr 21, 2010, 9:52:11 PM4/21/10
to AndroidRemote
Seriously? Uninstalling. Ridiculous.

Walter Wang

Apr 22, 2010, 12:06:54 AM4/22/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm really sorry for the problem. Probably three things may cause your problem:

First, you didn't setup port forwarding correctly if you are
connecting to computer which is behind a router.
Second, all VNC clients don't not work on slow connections (like 2G
network or a 3G network with bad reception).
Third, your mobile network doesn't allow communication on port 5900.

Probably the first one caused your problem.

Regards,

Walter

wdb1133

Apr 22, 2010, 5:54:06 AM4/22/10
to AndroidRemote

On Apr 22, 12:06 am, Walter Wang <androidremotecont...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm really sorry for the problem. Probably three things may cause your problem:
>
> First, you didn't setup port forwarding correctly if you are
> connecting to computer which is behind a router.
> Second, all VNC clients don't not work on slow connections (like 2G
> network or a 3G network with bad reception).
> Third, your mobile network doesn't allow communication on port 5900.
>
> Probably the first one caused your problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Walter

wdb1133

Apr 22, 2010, 5:59:39 AM4/22/10
to AndroidRemote
Except I've already stated that it works with Lite on the exact same
computer, both wifi and 3G. There is something fundamentally different
between the 2 code bases if 1 app works and the other doesn't using
the exact same environment. Everything is set up correctly, other
vnc apps work fine. Pro is broken, simple as that.

wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm really sorry for the problem. Probably three things may cause your problem:
>
> First, you didn't setup port forwarding correctly if you are
> connecting to computer which is behind a router.
> Second, all VNC clients don't not work on slow connections (like 2G
> network or a 3G network with bad reception).
> Third, your mobile network doesn't allow communication on port 5900.
>
> Probably the first one caused your problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Walter

Walter Wang

Apr 22, 2010, 3:41:54 PM4/22/10
to androi...@googlegroups.com
They share the same code base. Lite version just has some features
disabled. It seems your computer has a external ip address. Could you
give me the address and I can give it a try (I don't need the user
name and password). That should be the fast way to resolve the
problem.

Best regards,

Walter