Android x86 6.0.1 rc-1: gallium driver with mesa 11.2 makes my system to crash

Francesco Manghi

Jun 23, 2016, 12:42:29 PM6/23/16
to Android-x86
Hi everyone.
Let me explain the situation.

I installed android x86 (4.4, 5.1, 6.0) on an old MSI WindPad 100W PC.

4.4 ---> system installed, everything works more or less as expected. Accelerometer not recognized.
KERNEL 4.0: accelerometer not recognized, camera not working, gpu not recognized in Device Info in system settings. Can't unlock the screen if it goes on suspention (turn off for battery save)
Videos on youtube sometimes hang a little

5.1 ---> system installed, everything works more or less as expected.
KERNEL 4.0: accelerometer not recognized, camera not working, gpu not recognized in Device Info in system settings. Can't unlock the screen if it goes on suspention (turn off for battery save)
Videos on youtube sometimes hang a little

6.0 ---> system installed. If i ress the Home button the system crashes. If i ress the "tasks" button the system crashes. If i enter the menu, the white background is not rendered, it is renderd just after i move a little on the menu.
KERNEL 4.4: accelerometer recognized, camera recognized, gpu recognized as VMWare device with gallium 0.4 with mesa 11.2.
Everything else not tested because of crashes.

I believe that all those issues are related to kernel 4.4 and the gru found by mesa. The gpu is teorically an Intel® Graphic Media Accelerator 500.
Seems that this gpu gives a number of problems on linux but they should have been adressed in kernel 3.3.4.

Someone can help?

dong geng

Jun 26, 2016, 8:41:56 PM6/26/16
to Android-x86
today I encounter the same things in the Android 6.0, culd someone give some suggestion, may be need to config the kernel

Francesco Manghi

Jul 1, 2016, 8:41:27 PM7/1/16
to Android-x86
I was wondering if it could be useful rebuilding android 6.0 with a newer kernel, 4.6 for example, and see if there are problems or not.
But i'm not able to do it, so..... XD