Cannot mount /dev/sda1 - Gingerbread Installation

modernmystery

Apr 23, 2011, 2:06:22 PM4/23/11
to Android-x86
last repo sync (Apr 22) and on installation within VirtualBox .VDI
(virtual disk is on an ext3 partition) i get
cannot mount /dev/sda1 (the .vdi) and cannot format. recreated .vdi a
fews times, and rebuilt gingerbread-x86 after several Make Cleans.
it's a weird bug/issue. 5 days ago the build after the repo sync
worked perfectly.

any ideas? also i thought gingerbread was ext4 only, i only see ext3
in the format list.. i do see ext4fs files being compiled during the
build. am i missing something?

m x

May 3, 2011, 8:07:22 AM5/3/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

still having this program on a new working set :(  no ext4 option and won't mount/format ext3.
host is fedora 14 on ext3.

> Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 11:06:22 -0700
> Subject: Cannot mount /dev/sda1 - Gingerbread Installation
> From: black...@hotmail.com
> To: andro...@googlegroups.com

m x

May 5, 2011, 9:03:08 AM5/5/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
hmm.. this is the only issue I have now... am i getting this problem cos my host in on ext3 (Fedora 14)????

From: black...@hotmail.com
To: andro...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Cannot mount /dev/sda1 - Gingerbread Installation
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 12:07:22 +0000