Its possible to mount other non android HDD/SSD partition through terminal, if yes how?

NebudZvedy Zvedy

Apr 18, 2018, 2:57:50 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
Its possible to mount other non android HDD/SSD partition through terminal, if yes how?

Kitsune

Apr 18, 2018, 3:24:04 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
it simple. In terminal, need root
su
mkdir /mnt/hdd
chmod 0777 /mnt/hdd
ntfs-3g -o rw,windows_names,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions /dev/block/sda1 /mnt/hdd

It mount sda1 in folder /mnt/hdd, you can add more partitions, for autoload it can adda in /etc/iit.sh

Kitsune

Apr 18, 2018, 3:24:52 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
It mount sda1 in folder /mnt/hdd, you can add more partitions, for autoload it can add in /etc/init.sh

NebudZvedy Zvedy

Apr 18, 2018, 4:13:29 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
Thanks i will test it, this is for ntfs, are others FS - EX4, HFS, Fat32 supported?
Ntfs-3g is ntfs specific, is there standard mount?

NebudZvedy Zvedy

Apr 18, 2018, 5:33:46 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
Its possbile to mount also windows samba network share?

Genx

Apr 19, 2018, 12:52:00 PM4/19/18
to Android-x86
you can try other custom driver apps like mi-xplorer@xda by Hootan Parsa or Es File Explorer for that.For Terminal ,i dont know if samba linux ported to android or not ,see termux if it is.

Povilas Staniulis

Apr 20, 2018, 6:18:57 AM4/20/18
to andro...@googlegroups.com
cat /proc/filesystems, it should list "cifs". If so, Samba/CIFS is
supported by the kernel.

Nebudte Zvedy

May 4, 2018, 7:05:07 PM5/4/18
to Android-x86
Ext2 and Ext4 are listed. Samba / CIFS dont.

Nebudte Zvedy

May 6, 2018, 12:40:04 AM5/6/18
to Android-x86
I can confirm that is possible mount Linux filesystems by Linux way with mount command, only difference is that device name is not /dev/sdXY but /dev/block/sdXY