Introducing Leapdroid - a brand new and most performed Android virtual machine

已查看 3,508 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月7日 22:25:542016/6/7
收件人 Android-x86
Hi All,

We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid, it is a Windows program that allows you to run Android Apps in Windows. Our focus has been on graphics performance. It outperforms all other players on market, such as BlueStacks, Genymotions, Andyroid, etc... it supports a lot of games, and it it is totally free, you can download it from our website:

http://www.leapdroid.com

From development point of views, we have implemented most features that Google's emulator has, such as compatible adb. Our virtual machine is the only vm that can start adb before vm starts, same as a real device, so you can get the first line of adb logcat. We have also optimized other aspects of the system.

Check it out!

Here is a video with Leapdroid playing a few games, including a shooting game. This video demonstrates the advanced key mapping feature.

Supercilious Dude

未读,
2016年6月8日 01:46:062016/6/8
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
This is just another Oracle VirtualBox wrapper/skin like all the other android emulators... Its not difficult to build a rom and run in in VirtualBox already.

Why is this better than Genymotion, MEmu, AMIDuOS, etc?

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月8日 15:56:432016/6/8
收件人 Android-x86
yes, it's based on VirtualBox, and also uses some of Android-x86 code.

However, we believe we are implementing the best android virtual machine, in terms of performance, compatibility, etc.

To give you one example, all virtual machine out there don't handle adb correctly (except Google's emulator), our vm behaves same as google emulator with regard to adb, namely, you can start adb before vm starts, so you can get the first line of adb logcat, just like a real device. This looks simple, but it requires very difficult implementations, as it requires a few virtual devices to be implemented. We have added all features similar to google's Android emulator, for example, QEMU pipes.

There are other aspects to come, such as DirectX graphics, instead of OpenGL rendering, etc.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月8日 15:56:442016/6/8
收件人 Android-x86
Yes, it's based on vbox and android-x86.

However, there are still many aspects to improve, 10 of us have spent more than one year for this release.

I think current android virtual machines are still no way close to a real device in terms of app compatibility and ease of use, all of them are just kind of work. We are determined to sort all things out and move to next phase.

Give you some examples. first, about adb, none of the current android virtual machines can print out the first line of adb logcat, except google's android emulator, in other words, adb logcat can't wait for the vm to start, whereas adb can wait for a real device. Our LeapDroid vm can do this, you can run adb command, then start the vm, and able to print out the very first line of logcat. This may seem to be a very little thing, but in order to do this, we have implemented the whole QEMU pipe features used inside android QEMU emulators.

Another huge area is gpu graphics. Many many games don't run on top of android virtual machines, due to some lack of opengl features, or opengl functions, we have improved a lot in this area too, so we cover a lot more of games. We will also release a version soon that use Windows directx, in stead of OpenGL, for better performance and better compatibility. You can run benchmarks side by side, and our leapdroid vm will beat the others.

To be honest, there are many android virtual machines available today, none of them does well.

DDS Central

未读,
2016年6月8日 16:53:292016/6/8
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

All this technical mumbo-jumbo of yours sounds nice, but I still don't understand what makes your virtualbox mod/frontend better than the others (Andy, DuOS, etc.) from user's point of view ?
For example, DuOS runs almost anything I throw at it without significant issues and in full speed.

Also: stick to OpenGL for graphics for cross-platform compatibility.
Unless you want to make a Windoze-only app.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月8日 23:39:262016/6/8
收件人 Android-x86
Believe me, there are still too many apps can't run inside virtual machines. Thus far, we have focused on games, as we have literally gone through testing thousands of games.

Here is a game that you can test whether it works on other emulators, a Chinese game called Fu Mo Zhe, here is the apk you can download from Google Drive:

As for OpenGL, if on Linux and Mac, OpenGL performs very well. Only on Windows, OpenGL is poorly implemented, so we are implementing DirectX for Windows, and still keep OpenGL for Linux/Mac.

DDS Central

未读,
2016年6月9日 03:06:422016/6/9
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

Ok, will test that app on DuOS.

As for OpenGL on Windows, it is not poorly implemented - the main problem are the buggy drivers. Some OpenGL games (eg. DOOM) suffer badly from this.
But since there aren't many programs using OpenGL on Windows, manufacturers don't want to bother improving their OpenGL Windows drivers.

BTW, do you plan to release the final product as freeware as well ?

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月9日 09:05:362016/6/9
收件人 Android-x86
Yes, Leapdroid will stay as free, as we are fully funded, and can capitalize using other means.

Google original GPU emulation (i.e., OpenGL) from the Android Emulator has quite some bugs, especially memory leaks, unimplemented functions (causing some games to crash), we have spent a lot of efforts to fix these bugs. GPU memory usage is much better with Leapdroid now.

Antony Stone

未读,
2016年6月9日 09:11:182016/6/9
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 08 June 2016 at 00:06:51, Huihong Luo wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid

> http://www.leapdroid.com

What licence is this software released under? I don't see that anywhere on
the website.

Thanks,

Antony.

--
We all get the same amount of time - twenty-four hours per day.
How you use it is up to you.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月9日 09:31:292016/6/9
收件人 Android-x86、Antony...@android.open.source.it
Same to Android-x96, it's Apache license based.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月9日 09:32:342016/6/9
收件人 Android-x86、Antony...@android.open.source.it
a typo, sorry.

Same to Android-x86, it's Apache license based. Will put a license to our package.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月9日 21:41:072016/6/9
收件人 Android-x86
We will push some source code here:

right now, there are upgraded source code for Android boot animation program using GLES v2

Thisara Kasun

未读,
2016年6月9日 22:41:592016/6/9
收件人 Android-x86
So are there any specific benifits upgrading it to GLES v2?
I mean,you know it's just the boot animation. :)

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月10日 12:06:132016/6/10
收件人 Android-x86
It's not particular interesting, we need to upgrade the boot animation to gles v2 because some rendering engine only supports GLES v2.

Derek Yu

未读,
2016年6月11日 23:12:012016/6/11
收件人 Android-x86
Enclosed is the message I got try running it:

The graphics card or its driver does not meat minimum install requirement.
installation will abort!

Yes, meat is spelled wrong.

What are the requirements?

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月12日 23:00:552016/6/12
收件人 Android-x86
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the feedback, will correct that typo :)

About the minimum requirements, you can refer to our  website's FAQ:

http://www.leapdroid.com/helpcenter.html

What is your Windows version? and what is the graphics card?

Derek Yu

未读,
2016年6月13日 11:40:332016/6/13
收件人 Android-x86
Intel HD Graphic running Windows 10.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月13日 12:44:422016/6/13
收件人 Android-x86
Is your computer relatively old? Our current Leapdroid version still uses Windows OpenGL, it looks like your OpenGL driver might be too old.

Our next version will use our latest LeapGL technologies, where DirectX is used for rendering, hopefully it will support your PC well, then.

Jon West

未读,
2016年6月15日 19:31:262016/6/15
收件人 Android-x86
What do you think your release schedule will be like. Not looking for specifics, just a ball park figure :)

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月15日 20:53:252016/6/15
收件人 Android-x86
We are intensively testing the LeapGL version right now, looking forward to a public release in a couple of months.

TheKit

未读,
2016年6月17日 00:49:122016/6/17
收件人 Android-x86
четверг, 16 июня 2016 г., 8:53:25 UTC+8 пользователь Huihong Luo написал:
We are intensively testing the LeapGL version right now, looking forward to a public release in a couple of months.
What about Linux version? Is it planned or the emulator is going to be Windows only as the most of others. Anyway, it's interesting if OpenGL translation layer code is going to be released. I see huisinro/Leapdroid-OpenGL repo, but it contains just the README.md for now.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月17日 00:58:212016/6/17
收件人 Android-x86
Internally we use Linux for the development, so actually it's Linux first, then Windows, and we have a very good Linux version. However, we thought there are not many people interested in Linux version, which is why we don't release it.

If there are demands, we can put out a public Linux version.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月17日 12:57:422016/6/17
收件人 Android-x86
This is a screenshot showing Leapdroid running inside Ubuntu. Linux version has same features as Windows version.
leapdroid.png

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月17日 14:29:012016/6/17
收件人 Android-x86
yes, we will actually put code in another account:

It will take quite some time, as we cherry pick source code and push to github, please follow our github project, and stay tuned.

On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 9:49:12 PM UTC-7, TheKit wrote:

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月24日 19:23:392016/6/24
收件人 Android-x86
This is some performance numbers compared to other emulators:

DDS Central

未读,
2016年6月25日 03:24:142016/6/25
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

You should add AMI DuOS to the chart as well.

On Jun 25, 2016 2:23 AM, "Huihong Luo" <huiho...@gmail.com> wrote:
This is some performance numbers compared to other emulators:

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月25日 11:49:122016/6/25
收件人 Android-x86
Yes, we tested DuOS too. DuOS's default settings are kind of special, it does full screen and uses the same number of cpu cores as the physical PC. When we use this same configuration, our AnTuTu score is much higher than DuOS, since all other emulators are not using these kind of configuration, so we don't put DuOS scores here (as we don't know how to make other emulators to do fullscreen and use same number of physical CPU cores)

Tony Riley

未读,
2016年6月26日 20:41:562016/6/26
收件人 Android-x86
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 10:25:54 PM UTC-4, Huihong Luo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid, it is a Windows program that allows you to run Android Apps in Windows. Our focus has been on graphics performance. It outperforms all other players on market, such as BlueStacks, Genymotions, Andyroid, etc... it supports a lot of games, and it it is totally free, you can download it from our website:
>
> http://www.leapdroid.com
>
> From development point of views, we have implemented most features that Google's emulator has, such as compatible adb. Our virtual machine is the only vm that can start adb before vm starts, same as a real device, so you can get the first line of adb logcat. We have also optimized other aspects of the system.
>
> Check it out!
>

> screenshots
>

> Here is a video with Leapdroid playing a few games, including a shooting game. This video demonstrates the advanced key mapping feature.
>

> video

how do I get my hp webcam to work like in bluestacks

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月27日 02:29:592016/6/27
收件人 Android-x86
Hi Tony,

Unfortunately LeapDroid does not support camera yet.

Internally we have camera implemented, but not happy on its performance, so we disabled it for now. still working on it.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月27日 12:11:532016/6/27
收件人 Android-x86

Anthony Riley

未读,
2016年6月27日 23:13:362016/6/27
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

ok great work tested it on Asus touch screen works better than bluestacks

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月30日 10:30:152016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86
why leapdroid is faster

We have done many things to make Leapdroid to be the fastest emulator. I will explain more in this thread.

Today, let's look at the vm processes. Leapdroid uses the least number of processes. To launch n VMs, we will have to run n+1 processes (one process for each vm, then sharing one common LeapdroidSVC process), whereas all other emulators must run 2 * n + 1 processes. In other words, for each vm, our competitor uses one more process than us, which wastes cpu and memory, the worst is that it slows down performance. Our competitors launch at least 2 processes for each vm, one process is VBoxHeadless.exe (64-bit or 32-bit, depending on the cpu), plus a 32-bit viewer process. Their viewer process is always 32-bit, even on 64-bit systems. The VBoxHeadless.exe is the vm process, which handles huge amount of opengl data, and sends all these data to the 32-bit viewer process. You can immediately see the downside on this architecture, as there are huge amount of inter-process data transfer. This fact alone reduces performances significantly.

Within Leapdroid, the viewer and the headless vm launcher are inside the same process, so there is no inter-process communications, and thus the fastest performance. We use 64-bit on 64-bit machines, and 32-bit on 32-bit machines. We never use 32-bit viewer on 64-bit machines.

Hopefully you can get some ideas now on why Leapdroid is faster compared to others, this is just one of the many reasons. I will reveal more info later on. Stay tuned !

youling 257

未读,
2016年6月30日 12:37:072016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86
base on 5.1.1 or 6.0.1 ? material design ?

Antony Stone

未读,
2016年6月30日 12:44:192016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 30 June 2016 at 16:30:14, Huihong Luo wrote:

> We have done many things to make Leapdroid to be the fastest emulator. I
> will explain more in this thread.

All very interesting, but may I propose that this sort of information belongs
more on a Leapdroid mailing list rather than on this one for Android-x86?

Thank you for announcing your project to us, and letting us know some details
about it, but as it's not based on Android-x86 and (as far as I know) you're
not contributing code from Leapdroid to Android-x86, I think we don't need to
have further updates sent here - I assume you have an announcements list of
your own set up which people can subscribe to if they wish?

By all means let us know where we can subscribe to such a list.

Thanks,

Antony.
(Note for clarification, I am not a list admin, just a standard subscriber.)

--
"I estimate there's a world market for about five computers."

- Thomas J Watson, Chairman of IBM

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年6月30日 12:45:422016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
Few additional questions:

How much RAM does the emulator need ? Would the emulator run smoothly
with only 2 GB of RAM (common on Bay Trail tablets) ?

Do you support touchscreen input ?

What about sensors (eg. auto rotation) ?

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月30日 13:06:282016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86、Antony...@android.open.source.it
Hi Antony,

Good point, and I will sustain from posting non Android-x86 related stuff.

I thought that in order for Android-x86 to support OpenGL, the best way would be to use a small linux system, then pipe all OpenGL calls to linux host, and Android-x86 runs as a container. This architecture will be very similar to our current Leapdroid impl.

- Huihong

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年6月30日 13:08:082016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2016.06.30 19:43, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Thursday 30 June 2016 at 16:30:14, Huihong Luo wrote:
>
>> We have done many things to make Leapdroid to be the fastest emulator. I
>> will explain more in this thread.
> All very interesting, but may I propose that this sort of information belongs
> more on a Leapdroid mailing list rather than on this one for Android-x86?
>
> Thank you for announcing your project to us, and letting us know some details
> about it, but as it's not based on Android-x86 and (as far as I know) you're
> not contributing code from Leapdroid to Android-x86, I think we don't need to
> have further updates sent here - I assume you have an announcements list of
> your own set up which people can subscribe to if they wish?
>
> By all means let us know where we can subscribe to such a list.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Antony.
> (Note for clarification, I am not a list admin, just a standard subscriber.)

I don't see anything wrong in posting Leapdroid related information here.

AFAIK, this emulator does use some Android-x86 code but it isn't fully
based on it.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月30日 13:08:102016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86
Ho Povilas,

2G RAM would be very tough to run a virtual machine, since the vm requires at least 512MB. Overall, on this kind of tablet, it will be slow.

- Huihong

DDS Central

未读,
2016年6月30日 13:25:172016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

Well, DuOS ran quite well on my T100. It didn't do magic, but most games and apps ran quite well. Of course, native Android x86 was much faster.

As for Leapdroid, you should really fix the installer. At least allow user to change install location, instead of just putting everything to drive C.
Also, some settings utility (like DuOS) would be nice, to set RAM, disk space, etc.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月30日 17:20:232016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86
No, it's based on Android 4.4 right now.

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年6月30日 18:43:572016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
Ran some tests, overally, the emulator does show promise, but it still
has a lot of rough edges.
It would be very usable once all the OpenGL problems are resolved.

Tested some games:

Candy Crush Soda and Jelly both crash with something like "no EGL config
found".

NOVA 3 hangs with black screen.
Logcat full of errors mentioning eglChooseConfig2

Modern Combat 3 crashes with segfault, could be EGL related, but not
sure (this game is quite old and compatibility is hit and miss).

Modern Combat 4 works fine and is playable.

Shadowgun works, not very playable though, really needs touch.

Modern Combat 5 runs but crashes with segfault at the beginning of the
first level. Again, not sure if it's EGL related.

Can provide logs if you need them.
Will run more tests later.

Also:
What's the second VM for ? Looks like a waste of space to me.
And where can I find some mailing list or forum or some other place
where I could give feedback.
I don't think this mailing list is the best place for that.

On 2016.06.30 20:08, Huihong Luo wrote:
> Ho Povilas,
> --

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月30日 18:57:382016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86
Hi Povilas,

Yes, GLES support is what Android VM all about.

Our next build will have DirectX as rendering engine, we will see if that's better. We have spent a lot of time to support more games, but obviously there are more work to do.

Thanks for testing our vm,

- Huihong

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年6月30日 19:03:042016/6/30
收件人 Android-x86
Forgot about the 2nd vm, you can delete it by running VirtualBox.exe. We put there for people want multiple instances.

In the future, you can use this thread:

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年6月30日 19:20:122016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
On 2016.07.01 01:57, Huihong Luo wrote:
> Hi Povilas,
>
> Yes, GLES support is what Android VM all about.
>
> Our next build will have DirectX as rendering engine, we will see if
> that's better. We have spent a lot of time to support more games, but
> obviously there are more work to do.
>
> Thanks for testing our vm,
>
> - Huihong

I don't think that rendering engine is what matters the most. How well
it works does. If DX works better than on Windows than OpenGL, that's good.
But OpenGL still needs to be fixed for other platforms.

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年6月30日 19:20:522016/6/30
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
> --

I can't reply to dev threads as I'm not active at XDA.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月1日 14:32:002016/7/1
收件人 Android-x86
By DirectX, I meant translating all Android ELES calls into DirectX, without using any of the OpenGL apis on Windows, this way, poorly implemented OpenGL (on WIndows) stuff is gone. On Linux or Mac, OpenGL is the default one, which is actually very good.

We just released the new version that uses DirectX, please donwload from our website.

oscar bg

未读,
2016年7月1日 14:41:482016/7/1
收件人 Android-x86
Some questions:
all others support only GLES 2..
so would be nice if can support GLES 3 and 3.1? I say to see if can run new GFXBench 3.1 benchmarks and also 3DMark Cloud Gate ES3 and 3.1 demos..
also DirectX support is via ANGLE? if yes you are at most supporting GLES 3 for a while as 3.1 support in angle hasn't even started..
thanks..

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月1日 15:06:582016/7/1
收件人 Android-x86
Yes, we are implementing GLES v3, about 100 more functions than GLES v2. It will be available in our new version, please check our website for updates.

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年7月1日 21:40:062016/7/1
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
I understood what you wanted DirectX for.
I'll test your new build when I have time.
> --

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年7月3日 21:38:492016/7/3
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
Tested the same apps again with your new version. App compatibility has
improved.

Candy Crush Soda Saga and Jelly Saga both work fine and no longer crash.

NOVA 3 works fine. Crosshair control feels a little "drunken", but the
game is playable nevertheless.

Modern Combat 3 works fine and is playable from start to finish, no more
segfaults.

Modern Combat Blackout still crashes though.

On 2016.07.01 21:32, Huihong Luo wrote:
> --

Jon West

未读,
2016年7月3日 23:36:492016/7/3
收件人 Android-x86
One issue I noticed in the new version is that tap and hold events are now initiating a right click on windows. this doesnt do anything for many of the games you are targeting. keep it a tap and hold when using touch input maybe?

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月5日 18:07:052016/7/5
收件人 Android-x86
If you see errors with the DirectX mode, you can still go back the old OpenGL mode with the following options:

LeapdroidVM.exe -vfiber -opengl -s vm1

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月5日 18:27:322016/7/5
收件人 Android-x86
Hi John,

We tried to test this, but couldn't reproduce it. Can you elaborate a bit more on how to reproduce this? Do you get this issue when you do the key mapping (the last button on the right side toolbar)?

Thanks,

Jon West

未读,
2016年7月13日 19:40:062016/7/13
收件人 Android-x86
No, this is when using an actual touchscreen enabled device. Microsoft Surface Pro 3. When I touch and hold on the screen, it enables the Windows right click method instead of overriding it and allowing Android to handle the event. You just need to block the windows right click event when input is touchscreen.

Zeeshan Ahmed P

未读,
2016年7月14日 04:08:162016/7/14
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

Home page for the leapDroid website says "The most powerful Android game player on PC for free!"

I think you should remove that, I don't think it is.. From my experience DuOs does much better than this.

Hypo Turtle

未读,
2016年7月14日 04:25:272016/7/14
收件人 Android-x86
AMIDuOS isn't free; so even if there's merit to the statement - it's kinda moot
已删除帖子

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月14日 11:28:502016/7/14
收件人 Android-x86
We don't claim without facts. We have compared the Antutu/3DMarks benchmark scored to all other emulators, and Leapdroid has the highest scores.

You can do yourself to check. AMIDuOS is fullscreen with 8 core cpus, so make sure you adjust to the same display resolution, and use same number of cpu cores and RAM, to compare. We will post some graphs to show soon.

Leapdroid provides the best performance, period!

DDS Central

未读,
2016年7月14日 13:37:572016/7/14
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

Have to agree with this. Not only this emulator is really fast, it also allows to play games normally only playable with a touchscreen, thanks to the control mapping function.
It does have stability issues though, but since this is still a beta product, I can live with that.

Stanislav Palatnik

未读,
2016年7月17日 01:48:022016/7/17
收件人 Android-x86
Luo,

Leapdroid's performance is indeed amazing, faster than a pure x86 genymotion and also much better app compatibility in my short experience so far. However, it currently has a serious flaw. I cannot run any apps that invoke the Google play service maps API. I tried to fix this by installing Google Maps from the Play store, but then it gave me a different stack trace. Easily reproducible, but I can post errors if you need.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月17日 22:53:392016/7/17
收件人 Android-x86
Thanks for the feedback, and I am glad that you like our emulator. I am not new to android vm, released a vm (2011) before GenyMotion :) Our team knows how to do a good vm, still long way to go though :)

We tested gmap app, and it works. Can you send me the log files? you can send by email.

Stanislav Palatnik

未读,
2016年7月18日 10:01:042016/7/18
收件人 Android-x86
To follow up on this, I tried flashing the emulator with OpenGapps but it wouldn't enter recovery mode. Tried using FlashFire but that just got stuck on a blank screen. Out of ideas!

Stanislav Palatnik

未读,
2016年7月18日 23:34:592016/7/18
收件人 Android-x86
Ah sorry, I did not make myself clear. Any 3rd-party app that uses the Google Map Service API is going to crash. Not Google Maps itself. Example app:

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月19日 11:13:492016/7/19
收件人 Android-x86
Thanks for the updates, I wonder if to do with native GPS support.

We are adding native GPS support in next release. We tested Pokemon Go works after GPS is added. We will test more on other location based apps, such as FakeGPS.

A side note, we compared to Antutu score bwteen LeapDroid vm and Remix native boot system, on the same physical machine, Leapdroid vm is not that far from Remix, especially the 3D score. I guess Windows Direct X in better implemented than OpenGL on Linux. I expect to see a much larger difference between native boot and a virtual machine.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年7月29日 13:03:262016/7/29
收件人 Android-x86
We have released version 1.3, which supports GPS, you no longer need to use faked gps apps.

We have a thread in xda developers, please participate discussions there, as I don't want to post more in this thread.

arman jafari

未读,
2016年8月2日 09:05:542016/8/2
收件人 Android-x86
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 6:55:54 AM UTC+4:30, Huihong Luo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have just released a new Android virtual machine, called Leapdroid, it is a Windows program that allows you to run Android Apps in Windows. Our focus has been on graphics performance. It outperforms all other players on market, such as BlueStacks, Genymotions, Andyroid, etc... it supports a lot of games, and it it is totally free, you can download it from our website:
>
> http://www.leapdroid.com
>
> From development point of views, we have implemented most features that Google's emulator has, such as compatible adb. Our virtual machine is the only vm that can start adb before vm starts, same as a real device, so you can get the first line of adb logcat. We have also optimized other aspects of the system.
>
> Check it out!
>

> screenshots
>

> Here is a video with Leapdroid playing a few games, including a shooting game. This video demonstrates the advanced key mapping feature.
>

> video

hi

i installed leapdroid and this is best emulator for android

1-leapdroid have only vm1 and vm2 ..how can i add more emulator?

2-and the leapdroid add files in drive c in documents folder --> "C:\Users\arman\Documents\Leapdroid\VMs"
how can i change this files location???because i dont have much space in my drive c and i want to cut this files to my other drives...

im waiting for ur replay...thanks ;)

Povilas Staniulis

未读,
2016年8月2日 13:33:202016/8/2
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com
Use the forum topic, as the dev does not want to post here anymore.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/android-4-4-free-leapdroid-super-fast-t3404640

There's a normal VirtualBox executable in Leapdroid installation
directory (usually C:\Program Files\Leapdroid\VM\).
With it, you can manage Leapdroid's VMs. To move disk images, first
remove virtual hard drives from Android VM, then re-add again after
moving to a new location.

Tails Lol

未读,
2016年8月2日 22:47:172016/8/2
收件人 Android-x86
let me guess...
another 4.X android emulator...
NO THANKS YOU.

Tails Lol

未读,
2016年8月2日 22:47:472016/8/2
收件人 Android-x86
another that use a virtual machine... could you make one with docker or inside a container instead?

Stanislav Palatnik

未读,
2016年8月3日 05:40:282016/8/3
收件人 Android-x86
The Android OS doesn't have the OS API's to run inside docker. You won't see Android in a container anytime soon buddy.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年8月3日 13:17:572016/8/3
收件人 Android-x86
we have container based Android, but we are currently targeting game users.

Huihong Luo

未读,
2016年11月5日 02:06:572016/11/5
收件人 Android-x86
An update on our company:

Today, we’re excited to announce the next phase of our journey -- we are joining Google. While it's too soon to comment on specific plans, we look forward to working with our new colleagues at Google to continue pushing the frontier of technology.

Thanks for all for trying, testing and using our Leapdroid emulator.

DDS Central

未读,
2016年11月5日 10:02:552016/11/5
收件人 andro...@googlegroups.com

You sold yourself to Google ?
A shame really, but then again, it's all about money I guess.

Evan Langlois

未读,
2016年11月12日 23:02:372016/11/12
收件人 Android-x86
On Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 11:58:21 PM UTC-5, Huihong Luo wrote:
> Internally we use Linux for the development, so actually it's Linux first, then Windows, and we have a very good Linux version. However, we thought there are not many people interested in Linux version, which is why we don't release it.

Linux version would be nice! I don't touch Windows with a stick ... not even with YOUR stick!

Evan Langlois

未读,
2016年11月12日 23:03:012016/11/12
收件人 Android-x86
On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:40:28 AM UTC-5, Stanislav Palatnik wrote:
> The Android OS doesn't have the OS API's to run inside docker. You won't see Android in a container anytime soon buddy.

The Android OS is open-source, so if someone wants it done, it will be done. You must be from the Windows or Mac world where someone else holds the key to the door. With Android, the door isn't even locked.

Chih-Wei Huang

未读,
2016年11月13日 11:53:292016/11/13
收件人 Android-x86、Huihong Luo
> An update on our company:
>
> Today, we’re excited to announce the next phase of our journey -- we are
> joining Google. While it's too soon to comment on specific plans, we look
> forward to working with our new colleagues at Google to continue pushing the
> frontier of technology.
>
> http://www.leapdroid.com

Hmm. I thought Google bought you for
Leapdroid emulator.
However, after read your FAQ,
it's not the case.
The development of LeapDroid emulator
was discontinued. A pity.

Such being the case, why not ask Google
to adopt LeapDroid emulator as the next
generation of Android emulator?

If this is not possible, how about open source
LeapDroid emulator so the community
has a chance to continue it?

Since you are so proud of LeapDroid emulator,
I think you just don't want it to die away. Right?

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Mario Ray Mahardhika

未读,
2016年11月13日 17:08:302016/11/13
收件人 Android-x86
I wish you a success at google, which I hope you are hired to work on their emulators (Android SDK's AVD). Please make it run faster still with hardware acceleration but more importantly, drop the RAM usage. Currently, it's HUUUUUUGE...

Ye Roger

未读,
2016年11月14日 00:39:092016/11/14
收件人 Android-x86、huiho...@gmail.com
Agreed to Chih-Wei, why you don't open source of leapdroid? The GPU emulation part may help to other projects.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子