Inverted Y axis of touch screen in Android-x86 5.1 ( rc1 ) Lollipop

Mohamed Fawal

Jul 20, 2016, 10:33:53 AM7/20/16
to Android-x86
Hi , Everyone

I have an old windows tablet , so tried to install android-x86 5.1 rc1 lollipop on it , it worked fine but I had one problem :

the Y axis of the touch screen is inverted ( if I touched the upper-side of the screen it registers it in the lower-side )

I have been googling the problem for 2 days now but no success .
there's only one solution worked with ARM based android which is to edit script.bin file of the android

so here's my question :

WHERE CAN I FIND SCRIPT.BIN FILE IN ANDROID-X86 5.1 RC1 LOLLIPOP TO EDIT IT AND SOLVE THE PROBELM ?

Mohamed Fawal

Jul 20, 2016, 10:33:53 AM7/20/16
to Android-x86

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 20, 2016, 10:39:03 AM7/20/16
to Android-x86
You can use the TSCalibration2 app
to calibrate it.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Mohamed Fawal

Jul 20, 2016, 11:04:46 PM7/20/16
to Android-x86
I tried it but nothing fixed

Mohamed Fawal

Jul 20, 2016, 11:04:46 PM7/20/16
to Android-x86
I tried the calibration tool installed with the system but it didn't fix the problem

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 20, 2016, 11:12:35 PM7/20/16
to Android-x86
> I tried the calibration tool installed with the system but it didn't fix the problem

You need to enable it.
Use root to do these commands:

mkdir -p /data/misc/tscal
touch /data/misc/tscal/pointercal
chown 1000.1000 /data/misc/tscal /data/misc/tscal/*
chmod 775 /data/misc/tscal
chmod 664 /data/misc/tscal/pointercal

Then run TSCalibration2.

Read init_tscal function in /etc/init.sh
for details. Please provide a patch
for your device if you can.

Mohamed Fawal

Jul 22, 2016, 12:02:54 AM7/22/16
to Android-x86
Thank you so much it finally worked , I really appreciate it that problem drove me insane :D

Chih-Wei Huang

Jul 22, 2016, 12:08:34 AM7/22/16
to Android-x86
> Thank you so much it finally worked , I really appreciate it that problem
> drove me insane :D

You are welcome.
As said, consider to provide a patch for your device
if you can read and modify /etc/init.sh.

youling 257

Aug 20, 2017, 6:52:08 AM8/20/17
to Android-x86
How to use TSCalibration2 on nougat?

在 2016年7月21日星期四 UTC+8上午11:12:35,Chih-Wei Huang写道:

youling 257

Aug 20, 2017, 8:19:20 AM8/20/17
to Android-x86
no TSCalibration2 apk for nougat.

Mime type: application/vnd.android.package-archive
修改日期: 2017年8月20日 下午6:38
Mime type: application/vnd.android.package-archive
Package: org.zeroxlab.util.tscal
App 版本: 5.1.1-eng.cwhuang.20151007.002754

Mime type: application/vnd.android.package-archive
修改日期: 2016年10月13日 下午11:17
Mime type: application/vnd.android.package-archive
Package: org.zeroxlab.util.tscal
App 版本: 4.4.4-eng.cwhuang.20150716.121457

install failed on nougat.

Pekka Koo

Feb 11, 2019, 4:18:31 AM2/11/19
to Android-x86
I have the this:

Mohamed Fawal

Feb 13, 2019, 12:50:59 AM2/13/19
to andro...@googlegroups.com
As far as I can remember, you have to gain root access before doing the calibration. Only then it will work.

Pekka Koo

Feb 16, 2019, 10:30:05 AM2/16/19
to Android-x86
How can I get root access?

Pekka Koo

Feb 19, 2019, 3:35:49 AM2/19/19
to Android-x86
If I change, for example, hid-input.c-file in /android-x86/kernel/drivers/hid-folder, how do I compile it and get the change in new iso-file?

Now it seems, that the old hid-input.o-file stays in the android-x86/out/target/product/x86_64/obj/kernel/drivers/hid-folder. I believe it is used in new iso-file.