Android-X86 GingerBread support iptables

richa...@hotmail.com

Jul 4, 2011, 8:35:32 PM7/4/11
to Android-x86
I am using the Android-X86 R2.3 (Linux Kernel 2.6.38-android-x86+)
running on my HP Probook CD4510s.

Its <iptables> command is embedded in <busybox>

When I try to create a new nat table (called table1) using that
command :

root@generic_x86:/ # iptables –t nat –N table1

I got the following errors:

Iptables v1.3.7: can’t initialize iptables table ‘nat’ : iptables who?
(do u need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

It looks like this Version does not have the iptables to support nat
table .

Can anyone confirm that ?

thansk !

-ricky-

may may

Jul 4, 2011, 8:46:25 PM7/4/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
enable Net filter driver in kernel
simple  android Firewall on Arm  download http://gingerbread-beagleboard.googlecode.com/files/personalfirewallfixdbname.zip

Bryan Hundven

Jul 4, 2011, 10:49:14 PM7/4/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM, may may <great...@gmail.com> wrote:
> enable Net filter driver in kernel
> simple  android Firewall on Arm  download
> http://gingerbread-beagleboard.googlecode.com/files/personalfirewallfixdbname.zip

This is x86...

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 7:35 AM, richa...@hotmail.com
> <richa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am using the Android-X86 R2.3 (Linux Kernel 2.6.38-android-x86+)
>> running on my HP Probook CD4510s.
>>
>> Its <iptables> command is embedded in <busybox>
>>
>> When I try to create a new nat table (called table1) using that
>> command  :
>>
>> root@generic_x86:/ # iptables –t nat –N table1
>>
>> I got the following errors:
>>
>> Iptables v1.3.7: can’t initialize iptables table ‘nat’ : iptables who?
>> (do u need to insmod?)
>> Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
>>

>> It looks like this Version does not have the iptables to support nat
>> table .
>>
>> Can anyone confirm that ?

Iptables is iptables. On a desktop or on your android phone.

Google is your friend on this topic. I found multiple guides on configuring nat.

You need to 'modprobe' iptable_nat and ipt_MASQUERADE if you want to
do masquerading or you can using the built-in targets of SNAT or DNAT.
If you don't have 'modprobe', then you will need to find all of the
module dependencies, which don't change much between 2.6.29-2.6.3x, so
you can look at the module dependencies on a linux box by doing:

modinfo iptable_nat

and look for a line like this: depends: <list of modules that need to
be loaded before this one>

You also need to enable ip forwarding: echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
as root.

I recommend reading more by searching google.

>> thansk !
>>
>> -ricky-
>>
>> --
>>

> --

-Bryan

may may

Jul 8, 2011, 6:41:27 AM7/8/11
to andro...@googlegroups.com

android firewall debug (arm and android x86) This version it is  added database sync option

In case android x86 . you must not replace the su binary but
you must rebuild  your new kernel and enable net-filter  driver to support iptables