Using Webcam with Android-x86 in Virtualbox??

Erik

Apr 15, 2018, 10:25:36 PM4/15/18
to Android-x86
The Guest is Android-x86 and configured as Linux OS in Virtualbox. The host is Windows 7 (64 bit) and the webcam is Microsoft® LifeCam Studio.

I am currently using VirtualBox 5.2.8 w. Guest Edition and Extension Pack. I select the WebCam under devices (and not in USB devices).
However, the Camera is not found in the Android-x86 guest.

Note that if I boot my PC using Android-x86 on a USB-stick, the camera is recognized. Just not in VirtualBox.
Has anyone been able to use a WebCam with Virtualbox?

I have been tearing my hair out for weeks, so any help would be much appreciated.