Re: External Monitor Support on my Asus EEE 701

Ralf ranfyy

Jul 20, 2012, 2:06:49 PM7/20/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, July 20, 2012 2:18:11 PM UTC+2, idlesod wrote:
Just installed latest Android-X86 on my EEE 701 all fine but can not get it to output to external display on bootup

I get the first part of the boot show on both the EEE and external but as soon as the Android logo appears the external monitor shows no picture.

My idea longterm is to have this device under my 42" LCD TV in the lounge.

Any help greatly recvd.

Many thanks

I have an eeePC 1015PX, but I think it should work for you too:
  http://ranf.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/android-x86-on-the-eee-1015px

Rui Carmo

Jul 22, 2012, 4:58:47 AM7/22/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

On 20/07/2012, at 19:06, Ralf ranfyy <ran...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have an eeePC 1015PX, but I think it should work for you too:
  http://ranf.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/android-x86-on-the-eee-1015px

Thanks for this (pasting in here for archival purposes). It should work for most other devices.

Can I use an external VGA monitor or TV?
You need to disable the internal display by adding this to the kernel cmdline (in GRUB):

 video=LVDS-1:d video=1024x768

d – means “disable”.

ketut.k...@gmail.com

Jul 23, 2012, 2:33:51 AM7/23/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Try "video=LVDS-1:d video=VGA-1:1024x768@60" boot options.
From: bench <benc...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:00:19 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: External Monitor Support on my Asus EEE 701

Hi there,

I have been trying to do the same thing on an Sharp Aquos LCD TV with VGA input and so far no joy. I booted my eeePC with ubuntu and it display ok on the TV, but once I boot to ICS, the TV just doesn't detect it. I heard TV only detect refresh rate of 60HZ, wonder is there a way to set this on ICS?

Any help will be appr.

Bench

On Friday, July 20, 2012 8:18:11 PM UTC+8, idlesod wrote:
Just installed latest Android-X86 on my EEE 701 all fine but can not get it to output to external display on bootup

I get the first part of the boot show on both the EEE and external but as soon as the Android logo appears the external monitor shows no picture.

My idea longterm is to have this device under my 42" LCD TV in the lounge.

Any help greatly recvd.

Many thanks

bench

Jul 25, 2012, 5:23:59 AM7/25/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, ketut.k...@gmail.com
No joy! the setting does change the screen to 1024x768 during the boot text console, but once the graphic starts, it change to some high  weird resolution which my TV or monitor can't sync to (yes I chk with using it on a LCD monitor).  I heard it mention there is a debug.drm.mode need to be set, but have no idea where to set it (the mail mention system.properties, but where is it?)

Any help really appr. ;-(

Bench
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to android-x86+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

raja

Sep 12, 2012, 7:20:30 AM9/12/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com, ketut.k...@gmail.com
Is there any option to extend the display to two monitors?

bench

Nov 1, 2012, 2:54:24 AM11/1/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got it working, which is a lot better than what I can. Anyway, try google Grub configuration. The config. file usually resides in /boot/grub or grub2. The file is called grub.cfg. In there you should be able to find the boot test that was display when grub starts up. Just copy the whole section (change display text to suit) and add the boot perimeters and save the file. When you reboot, you should see a new section with the new boot perimeters.

Hope this helps.

;-)

Ron M

Nov 29, 2012, 11:41:20 AM11/29/12
to andro...@googlegroups.com

What about HDMI output? Does that work for you? I see this issue with virtual terminal 7 (android graphics). Virtual terminal 1 is OK on HDMI output.

Ron M

Feb 19, 2013, 6:30:54 PM2/19/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com, gmor...@gmail.com, ketut.k...@gmail.com

You add them in you kernel command line (edit it in your boot loader config)

On Feb 18, 2013 10:22 PM, "Yacine Soufiane" <yacine....@gmail.com> wrote:
where did you add these?
"video=LVDS-1:d video=VGA-1:1024x768" to the command line

when you boot in debug mode?

On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 10:18:39 AM UTC-4, Skratt wrote:
Creating a "Android with external monitor"  entry in grub?

This works ok for me on one of my monitor (not the other one, the more recent one ... no big deal).

Now I have a noob question.

I have not been able to save the changes wihtin either one of my two entries in Grub.
That means each time I want to display on my external monitor, I have to edit the command before booting adding
"video=LVDS-1:d video=VGA-1:1024x768" to the command line

How do I create another entry in Grub corresponding to "Android with external monitor" or modify the preset entries I already got?

As I said, I'm a linux noob, so I have no linux on my eeePC, just the android system with GNU Grub v0.97, a computer under W7 and a few rooted Android phones.

Could anyone provide me a step by step guide?

Thanks in advance,

Skratt
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to android-x86...@googlegroups.com.