Busybox don't support "ping6" or "ping -6" command??

捷超 王

Dec 17, 2010, 9:14:34 AM12/17/10
to Android-x86
I enter Alt + F1 and type "busybox" onto the command line, it then
shows all the commands it supports. But there is no "ping6" or "ping
-6"... I don't see why it does not implement this common command...
What should I do if I want to test the IPv6 connectivity on the
Android-x86 platform? Should I install a terminal emulator?

捷超 王

Dec 17, 2010, 9:23:00 AM12/17/10
to Android-x86
Or, if anyone could find a busybox including the "ping 6" command?

Mushishi

Dec 17, 2010, 9:23:25 AM12/17/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You could go to a ipv6 only webpage like ipv6.myip.dk or ipv6.google.com

捷超 王

Dec 17, 2010, 9:31:17 AM12/17/10
to Android-x86
You are saying that you could access the ipv6 websites?? I can't
access any v6 webpage (whether by address or domain name) in the
browser in the android-x86 OS but my supervisor said that he could
ping an ipv6 address but couldn't ping an ipv6 domain name in his
android cellphone... I am wondering how he did this with a "busybox"
like that...

Mushishi

Dec 17, 2010, 12:26:57 PM12/17/10
to andro...@googlegroups.com
well the busybox on android-x86 and normal android is not the same...

i do have ping6 on my Galaxy S...

ady2k10

Dec 19, 2010, 7:43:49 PM12/19/10
to Android-x86
IPv6 option should be enable on Android-x86 kernel.
Without loading IPv6 modules, you can't do ping to IPv6 networks.
Busybox used by embedded linux.

捷超 王

Dec 19, 2010, 8:15:11 PM12/19/10
to Android-x86
where should i enable this option? During building, running on live cd
or installation to hard disk?

ady2k10

Dec 19, 2010, 9:55:18 PM12/19/10
to Android-x86
You can enable IPv6 from android-x86 kernel.
That mean you need to rebuild Android-x86 image.

捷超 王

Dec 19, 2010, 10:44:57 PM12/19/10
to Android-x86
Since ipv6 accessibility is IMPORTANT for me, could you provide more
detailed information? i build the source code by "make iso_img
TARGET_PRODUCT=eeepc" and use the generated iso image in my VitualBox

Many thanks!

ady2k10

Dec 20, 2010, 1:25:38 AM12/20/10
to Android-x86
I found this option from android_defconfig.
Under Networking Option
CONFIG_IPV6 is not set become y or m
I can't find more options to enable IPv6 on android-x86 kernel
(Android_defconfig)

ady2k10

Dec 20, 2010, 1:28:36 AM12/20/10
to Android-x86
If you had experience to compile standard linux kernel.
You can do it on Android-x86 kernel.