Android-x86 7.1-r1 persistent live usb

Pietro Muscio

Feb 14, 2018, 2:25:09 AM2/14/18
to Android-x86
I use Rufus to write the iso Android-x86 7.1-r1 on my USB stick. After I use Minitool Partition to create a new ext4 partition. How to change the android.cfg to use the new ext4 partition for persistent data?

Pietro Muscio

Feb 16, 2018, 3:32:23 PM2/16/18
to Android-x86
Any tip?

Hernan Giovagnoli

Feb 19, 2018, 12:40:16 PM2/19/18
to Android-x86

You have to install it to the USB. So run the istallation disc and select the USB drive. Format it, install Grub and you're good to go.

You can do it from Virtualbox if you want. I recommend using a 3.0 device.

Pietro Muscio

Feb 19, 2018, 1:12:00 PM2/19/18
to Android-x86
I already know this procedure. I am asking for usb live persistent

Pietro Muscio

Feb 19, 2018, 1:12:11 PM2/19/18
to Android-x86

Hernan Giovagnoli

Feb 19, 2018, 3:00:30 PM2/19/18
to Android-x86
Oh. I don't think that's possible at the time.

I've tried this method in 6.0-r3 without success. Maybe it works for 7.1-r1.
https://helloworldhelp.wordpress.com/how-to-run-android-x86-from-a-usb-in-persistence-mode/

NebudZvedy Zvedy

Apr 18, 2018, 4:02:25 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
Its not working for me too, very long boot to black screen with login and after that again loading, something from with Androidx86 code.

Pietro Muscio

Apr 18, 2018, 4:36:23 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
Yes, it is not working...stuck in the wizard that crash continuously