Install Android X86 (Dualboot) with large data partition?

Thomas Kings

Jan 21, 2018, 9:54:45 PM1/21/18
to Android-x86
I want to install Android 7 X86 along with Windows 10 on my Dell Latitude 11 5175 tablet.
The thing is, if I install on a fat32 partition I can not make the data partition larger than 2GB.. I need at least 32GB or more (I have a free 64GB partition)
When I format the partition in ext4 or NTFS, it does not boot.
So how am I'm able to install this now and have a large data partition??

Thomas Kings

Jan 21, 2018, 10:07:42 PM1/21/18
to Android-x86
Also in live boot, it works just fine, but I can't turn the tablet into standby/sleepmode.
When I push the powerbutton, nothing happens.
I only get to the powermenu when I hold it down for a few seconds.

Any ideas how to fix that?

Gerhard

Mar 11, 2018, 11:09:39 PM3/11/18
to Android-x86
Do You have UEFI or Bios?

NebudZvedy Zvedy

Apr 18, 2018, 3:23:05 PM4/18/18
to Android-x86
Im using 50 GB ext4 and its working fine.

Krister Hallergard

Apr 21, 2018, 8:07:08 AM4/21/18
to Android-x86
Why can you not boot when installing to an ext4 partitions?  I prefer adding manually to a Grub2 boot menu. https://goo.gl/umA35f