Android TV x86 [Video][Download][Source]

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 23, 2016, 4:01:03 PM1/23/16
to Android-x86
I made an experimental android tv build for x86, i has some bugs but works better than i expected.
More on this in this video:

Jason Jardim

Jan 23, 2016, 11:16:31 PM1/23/16
to Android-x86
nice job!

zhongtian xie

Jan 24, 2016, 2:45:13 AM1/24/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
Nice job !! i will try to build it as you described , and something maybe wrong !!! some log info with attachment .. thankyou!

nice job!

tv.log

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 24, 2016, 3:35:26 AM1/24/16
to Android-x86
My bad that was a screw-up. I'll get the readme fixed asap

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 24, 2016, 3:56:12 AM1/24/16
to Android-x86
please check the corrected readme

zhongtian xie

Jan 24, 2016, 5:38:09 AM1/24/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
OK, i noticed your update just now, and i run building just now ;
there maybe something existed about 'setp2' "  in defualt.xml  mashallow-x86 branch;
===================================================================================================
OR Add the following line to the default manifest:  <project path="device/google/atv" name="device/google/atv" groups="device,fugu,broadcom_pdk,generic_fs"/> and repo sync again.
 there may be duplicate...

Message has been deleted

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 24, 2016, 9:10:51 AM1/24/16
to Android-x86
You'll need to delete the duplicate entry in default.xml

Geek Till It Hertz

Jan 24, 2016, 9:11:42 AM1/24/16
to Android-x86

Derek Simkowiak

Mar 23, 2016, 4:20:31 AM3/23/16
to Android-x86
Just checking in two months later...

Do you have any interest in continuing work on the Android TV build (like getting the button and notification bars to disappear)?

I may have some time to invest into Android TV x86 in the near future -- what would be the best way to contribute? I assume I'd need to touch some files beyond the ones in your Github repo linked above.

Thanks,
Derek

Geek Till It Hertz

Mar 23, 2016, 4:49:20 PM3/23/16
to Android-x86
hey,
I did not do any further developments as i was kinda carried away with the android development on the Raspberry pi, although i have just recently recived a modified OS with patched atv gapps that are working,
so i'll let you know how that works out.

Shintu Dhang

Apr 29, 2016, 8:39:53 AM4/29/16
to Android-x86
Any update???

Geek Till It Hertz

Apr 29, 2016, 2:20:57 PM4/29/16
to Android-x86
i have been a bit busy with android-rpi and do not have enough disk space to have 2 separate android source at once, but i did find something...
using these framework overlays it is possible to get more of an android tv look and feel without the status and navbars... although i haven't tested it yet.

Povilas Staniulis

Apr 29, 2016, 2:38:23 PM4/29/16
to andro...@googlegroups.com
A little bit offtopic, but what's the state of Android on the Pi currently ?
Last time I checked, there was only a barely working build without GPU
acceleration.

And what generation of Pi are you working on ?

Chetan Rajpal

Apr 30, 2016, 1:45:29 PM4/30/16
to Android-x86
after replacing framework overlays of rpi3 to android x86 source that u suggested will make tvsettings apk work or not?

Geek Till It Hertz

Apr 30, 2016, 11:59:10 PM4/30/16
to Android-x86
We got some more graphics stuff working as well as Bluetooth and WiFi.
https://youtu.be/bh1of_buc1w

Geek Till It Hertz

May 1, 2016, 12:00:21 AM5/1/16
to Android-x86
Probably?, i haven't tried it yet.

Chetan Rajpal

May 2, 2016, 6:18:26 AM5/2/16
to Android-x86

I tried multiple times but it failed. the errors occurred were only in the overlays that I replaced in the source.

Geek Till It Hertz

May 22, 2016, 11:47:49 PM5/22/16
to Android-x86
Update
Changes:
1) now on marshmallow
2) no navigation bar
3) no status bar
4) no Launcher 3

Bugs
1) settings still doesn't work
2) no gapps support, waiting for open gapps to add leanback gapps to aosp build, in the mean time if someone can provide a gapps package that works with this.

Chetan Rajpal

May 23, 2016, 12:15:56 AM5/23/16
to Android-x86
What changes you made to remove nav bar and notification bar?

Geek Till It Hertz

May 23, 2016, 12:20:26 AM5/23/16
to Android-x86
Their were changes done in the overlay/frameworks. You can check recent commits at github repo.

Chetan Rajpal

May 29, 2016, 4:43:06 AM5/29/16
to Android-x86
I think some of the libraries are missing that fugu uses and i think that is only reason tvsettings keep on crashing. While building android 5.1 I placed gapps in the source with android.mk but the fugu setupwraith not let us to go forward and leanback launcher also keeps on crashing. But launcher 3 works.

Chetan Rajpal

May 29, 2016, 1:06:48 PM5/29/16
to Android-x86
made leanback launcher and other apps work but still play music, movies n tv work in normal mode while youtube and play games work in leanback mode. also when connecting to ethernet, google search in leanback mode stops and the com.google.gapps.process stops working.
IMG_20160529_222117525.jpg
IMG_20160529_222127326_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160529_222137425.jpg
IMG_20160529_222147423.jpg
IMG_20160529_222201115.jpg
IMG_20160529_222222271.jpg

Chetan Rajpal

May 29, 2016, 1:27:23 PM5/29/16
to Android-x86
 <!-- Apps that are authorized to access shared accounts -->
    <string name="config_appsAuthorizedForSharedAccounts">;com.android.tv.settings;</string>

what is this line used for?? in framework config.xml file.. I think changing some framework files or adding some libraries will make tv settings work. Plz do reply if some method is found.

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 3, 2016, 8:58:12 AM6/3/16
to Android-x86
Update:
tried the overlay from the raspberry pi 3 branch, but the settings still doesn't work.
so my current overly branch is OK.
have to find another way.

Louis Allaway

Jun 4, 2016, 4:53:59 AM6/4/16
to Android-x86

Louis Allaway

Jun 4, 2016, 4:53:59 AM6/4/16
to Android-x86

Atze de Vries

Jun 7, 2016, 7:58:44 AM6/7/16
to Android-x86
Hi,

On the 23 may version there is no ethernet (there is wifi) settings anymore.
I saw on the opengapss that there is now a tvstock package but it is still grayed out.

Geek Till It Hertz

Jun 12, 2016, 3:00:55 PM6/12/16
to Android-x86
Tried the AOSP settings app today, no luck settings still crashes

Xen0sys

Jun 12, 2016, 4:10:57 PM6/12/16
to Android-x86
This is awesome! Keep it up!

Really want to be able to load up a full-featured ATV emu in SteamOS/Linux.

Horváth Krisztián

Jul 17, 2016, 1:31:48 AM7/17/16
to Android-x86
Pls reupload:android_tv_x86_20160522.iso.bz2
Thx

Gautham Kasinath

Jan 8, 2017, 1:25:46 AM1/8/17
to Android-x86
Hey Sahaj,

Happy to pitch in. I'm working on getting atv (especially cast) working on x86 and RPi. Just getting my teeth into building ASOP, and was struggling to set up the atv as devices - I could use your help. But I chanced upon your project and will give that a shot and see if I can iron out any bugs for your in the process.

Thanks

Cheers