Android-x86 6.0.1 R2 not support on VMWare Workstation 9

Wesley Henrique

Apr 21, 2017, 9:57:21 PM4/21/17
to Android-x86
Hello, Android-x86 6.0.1 R2 no start VMWare Workstation 9, black screen virtualization, my configuration:

Intel Pentium Dual Core E5500 2.80Mhz VT-x

Asus P5GC-MX/1333

3GB RAM DDR2

Intel 945G

Intel GMA950 256MB 64Bits DDR2 (Onboard) + Nvidia Geforce GT 240 1GB 128Bits DDR3 (Onboard

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32bits

my processor support VT-x, not started. Thank you.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 22, 2017, 2:00:47 AM4/22/17
to Android-x86
Yes. VMware was broken in 6.0-r2.
Will be fixed in 6.0-r3.
Or you can build from source to get the fix.

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

Thisara Kasun

Apr 22, 2017, 10:13:20 AM4/22/17
to Android-x86
Hi chih-wei,

what's the current state of the nougat-x86 branch,
and Mesa 17.x on Android-x86?

Just out of curiosity if an rc will be released in the
near future.

Thanks!

fguy

Apr 23, 2017, 5:59:08 AM4/23/17
to Android-x86
no problems

Wesley Henrique

Apr 23, 2017, 1:27:45 PM4/23/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You VMWare version?.

fguy

Apr 23, 2017, 2:53:32 PM4/23/17
to Android-x86
12.5 - In it android the same way it just does not start

воскресенье, 23 апреля 2017 г., 20:27:45 UTC+3 пользователь Wesley Henrique написал:
You VMWare version?.

no problems

суббота, 22 апреля 2017 г., 4:57:21 UTC+3 пользователь Wesley Henrique написал:
Hello, Android-x86 6.0.1 R2 no start VMWare Workstation 9, black screen virtualization, my configuration:

mike ross

Apr 23, 2017, 3:02:34 PM4/23/17
to andro...@googlegroups.com

Partition your system and install..

Just saying..

Mike

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 24, 2017, 3:44:36 AM4/24/17
to Android-x86
> no problems

You have not enabled 3D hardware acceleration.
(just software renderer via LLVM)

When enabled the renderer is

GL Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on SVGA3D; build: RELEASE; LLVM;

Make sure you have checked
'Accelerate 3D graphics" in the Display settings
(It would warn you 3D acceleration is not supported in
the guest operating system. But it's just a false alarm.
Don't worry about that)

When 3D graphics enabled 6.0-r2 can't boot.
Try the just released 6.0-r3.
3D hardware acceleration should work.
Message has been deleted

fguy

Apr 24, 2017, 6:02:03 AM4/24/17
to Android-x86
The "Accelerate 3D graphics" option is missing in "Developers" - instead of it there is an option "Force GPU rendering". Enabling this option does not change anything for 6.0-r2. I'm downloading 6.0-r2 with the parameters "nomodeset vga=874".
I downloaded version 6.0-r3 without additional parameters on the vmware pro 12.5.Unfortunately, games "Fox Adventures" (with arm install) and "Defense Zone 3" start with a black screen (there is a sound from the game). "Fox adventures" works only in 6.0-r1, DZ3 in 7.1.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 24, 2017, 6:21:58 AM4/24/17
to Android-x86
> The "Accelerate 3D graphics" option is missing in "Developers" - instead of
> it there is an option "Force GPU rendering". Enabling this option does not
> change anything for 6.0-r2.

Hmm? I meant in the VMware UI instead
of Android-x86's settings.

> I'm downloading 6.0-r2 with the parameters
> "nomodeset vga=874".

With this option 3D hw acceleration is disabled.

> I downloaded version 6.0-r3 without additional parameters on the vmware pro
> 12.5.Unfortunately, games "Fox Adventures" (with arm install) and "Defense
> Zone 3" start with a black screen (there is a sound from the game). "Fox
> adventures" works only in 6.0-r1, DZ3 in 7.1.

OK. Need debugging.

fguy

Apr 24, 2017, 6:54:24 AM4/24/17
to Android-x86
> The "Accelerate 3D graphics" option is missing in "Developers" - instead of
> it there is an option "Force GPU rendering". Enabling this option does not
> change anything for 6.0-r2.

Hmm? I meant in the VMware UI instead
of Android-x86's settings.

Sorry. I was thinking about the options in android - in the vmvare of course this option is enabled.
I use the guest OS "Windows 7 x64" and add 2 lines to the vmx file:
mouse.vusb.enable = "FALSE"
mouse.vusb.useBasicMouse = "TRUE"
This allows you to get more variants of graphic resolutions than in Linux when using "vga=ask" in the loader.

> I'm downloading 6.0-r2 with the parameters
> "nomodeset vga=874".

With this option 3D hw acceleration is disabled.

Android 7.1 collected after October 2016 and android 6.0-r2 work in vmware only with these options.

Chih-Wei Huang

Apr 24, 2017, 9:25:39 PM4/24/17
to Android-x86
>> > I'm downloading 6.0-r2 with the parameters
>> > "nomodeset vga=874".
>>
>> With this option 3D hw acceleration is disabled.
>
> Android 7.1 collected after October 2016 and android 6.0-r2 work in vmware
> only with these options.

Yes. That's what I called "broken".
It has been fixed in 6.0-r3.